Development Content Writer
Deadline: 10 April 2019
Employment term: Contract
Job type: Part time
Contract type: 12 Month Part-Time Contract (with option to extend and become Full-Time)
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Content Writer is responsible to assist the Development Office in producing content to support the advancement of the fundraising goals of the University.
- Create compelling, strategic and timely news content through interviewing students, alumni, faculty, staff, administrators.
- Assist in executing an integrated communication strategic plan that helps make the general case for support for AUA and its current and future campaigns.
- Partner with the Alumni and Career Development Office (ACDO) to identify successful alumni and write stories to be used for AUA’s publications.
- Develop partnerships with the local companies in Armenia employing AUA graduates; meet with the CEOs of the companies, the employees to interview and generate stories.
- Leverage the local community partnerships that generates news stories for AUA.
- Meet with the Academic Departmental Heads and Research Center Directors to compile information necessary to generate narrative stewardship reports and share with the Development team for donor communications purposes.
- Conduct once a year writing workshop to guide scholarship recipients on campus on how to write letters of gratitude addressed to donors.
- Assist with other tasks as needed and assigned by the Development Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, or equivalent work experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to write for diverse audiences;
- Team player and initiative-taker with a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to appreciate diverse viewpoints, and build relationships to gather stories and content;
- Superior time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet established deadlines, and adjust to a rapidly changing landscape with the possibility of unanticipated projects and demands;
- Graphic design skills will be a plus;
- Excellent planning skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to work occasional evenings or week-ends if there are special events.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution.
Ability to work independently
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
Please send a cover letter, resume and short (2-3 pages) writing sample to [email protected] with the subject heading “Development Content Writer”. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for an interview.
The American University of Armenia (AUA) is a private institution of higher learning, offering a global education in Armenia.
AUA is affiliated with the University of California and accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001.
Founded in 1991, AUA provides a high-quality, graduate and undergraduate education that encourages civic engagement and promotes democratic values, fostering scholarship in a setting that values and develops academic excellence, free inquiry, integrity, scholarship, leadership, and service to society.
AUA’s graduate program offers master’s degrees in eight fields of study: Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and Systems Management, Computer and Information Science, Political Science and International Affairs, Economics, Public Health, Law, and Teaching English as a Foreign Language. These programs are intended to develop critical analysis and depth of knowledge through advanced coursework, independent study, and research.
AUA’s undergraduate program offers bachelor’s degrees in English and Communications, Computer Science, and Business. Through its undergraduate courses, the University offers students depth of knowledge for career preparation and further studies as well as breadth and a foundation of general knowledge and skills for life-long learning.
Phone: (060) 694-040
Address: , Armenia