Deadline: 20 June 2021
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Other IT
Job type: Full time
- Perform software troubleshooting of the AUA computers:
- Reveal and repair software problems of the university client computers,
- Install new software and update existing ones,
- Perform virus cleaning and information recovery,
- Regular (monthly) checking of lab computers for malware, patch and antivirus updates,
- Install OS and application software on the university client computers,
- Set up and adjust network printers software,
- Configure e-mail, Internet, LAN settings on the university client computers,
- Install/configure WiFi / VPN / Dial-Up on client computers/devices for connecting with the AUA network,
- Provide consulting to staff/users on software problems.
- Provide software installation / troubleshooting of the AUA lab and classroom computers.
- Maintain/administer AUA all buildings’ networks (hereinafter AUA Network) configurable Switches, VLANs software/configuration:
- Provide AUA Network switches reliability to not exceed the downtime allowed by security policies. Create backup STP paths/switches to achieve this goal,
- Provide security and troubleshooting for AUA Network switches under supervision.
- Control/monitos/provide AUA Network Server & Communication Rooms /Servers/Routers/ Switches proper maintenance, wiring, temperature and power conditions.
- Create and manage the network documentation concerning to his/her tasks.
- Supplie periodical reports about the equipment, servers and services to the supervisors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Undergraduate Degree (Computer Science).
- Good knowledge of IT hardware, software, operations and networks.
- Proven experience in IT Support.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to react rapidly and effectively to change,
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize to successfully deliver service to agreed levels.
- Ability to share technical knowledge to assist developing of other team members.
Required candidate level: Not defined
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “IT Specialist”. Applications must be received by June 20, 2021 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
The American University of Armenia (AUA) is a private institution of higher learning, offering a global education in Armenia.
AUA is affiliated with the University of California and accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001.
Founded in 1991, AUA provides a high-quality, graduate and undergraduate education that encourages civic engagement and promotes democratic values, fostering scholarship in a setting that values and develops academic excellence, free inquiry, integrity, scholarship, leadership, and service to society.
AUA’s graduate program offers master’s degrees in eight fields of study: Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and Systems Management, Computer and Information Science, Political Science and International Affairs, Economics, Public Health, Law, and Teaching English as a Foreign Language. These programs are intended to develop critical analysis and depth of knowledge through advanced coursework, independent study, and research.
AUA’s undergraduate program offers bachelor’s degrees in English and Communications, Computer Science, and Business. Through its undergraduate courses, the University offers students depth of knowledge for career preparation and further studies as well as breadth and a foundation of general knowledge and skills for life-long learning.
Phone: (060) 694-040