K-8 Music Teacher
Deadline: 17 July 2019
Employment term: Permanent
Job type: Full time
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, and social growth.
Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the school curriculum program.
Demonstrate willingness and ability to collaborate, engage, and communicate with colleagues, parents and the public.
Collaborate with teachers on continuous improvement goals and support ongoing programs
- Teach skills in music understanding/ appreciation, harmony, explorations in music and choral music to the students;
- Plan/ execute a balanced music program and organize class time so that preparation, rehearsal and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time;
- Provide individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the music curriculum to the needs of each student;
- Encourage students to develop individual musical skills to the greatest extent possible;
- Utilize repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary, that are appropriate for the ages and skill levels of students;
- Maintain care/ responsibility for school-owned music, musical instruments and equipment to prevent loss or abuse;
- Make minor adjustments and requests repairs to instruments as required;
- Evaluate each student's musical growth, performance, and musical understanding;
- Assess each individual's contribution to the performance of the group;
- Cooperate with the Principal and staff in providing musical programs for open house, parent meetings and seasonal programs;
- Communicate with parents and school staff on individual student's progress.
- Ability to work well in a team environment; handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines Teaching certificate preferred but not required
- University degree required, endorsement in Elementary Music or K-8 preferred
- Higher education in Education, English, teaching experience.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the relevant field; work experience in an international environment is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Must be able to play Piano
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Music software)
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
You can apply online via staff.am or follow the below application procedure.
Candidates, interested in this position, are welcome to go to: http://qsiy.org/employment-application/ , complete and submit application, current resume and any other documents (e.g. certificates, CV, copies of degrees earned, recommendation letters, etc.) that address the qualification requirements of the position.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
AboutQSI International School of Yerevan is a private, non-profit institution that opened in September of 1995. It offers an international academic curriculum for students aged from 3 through 18 year-old.
Phone: (010) 349-130
Address: Vahakni Community, Section 12, Yerevan