Manager of Office of Alumni Relations
Deadline: 31 May 2022
Employment term: Permanent
Job type: Full time
Application deadline: 5:45pm; May 31, 2022
Position: Manager of Office of Alumni Relations
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
- Develop and manage alumni engagement strategies and programs focused on increasing the depth and diversity of the relationships between alumni and AUA.
- Establish and strengthen alumni relationships by cultivating new engagements and fostering existing relationships.
- Engages and supports alumni to connect them with the life of the University, the institutional priorities, and their own personal and professional development.
- Work with the AUA Career Services(Student Affairs) to develop and manage the mechanisms for alumni career advising and resources.
- Assesses and reports on alumni activities and oversee the activities of alumni relations staff
- Develop and execute plans and activities for alumni groups(clubs) worldwide, support the alumni clubs globally and ensure their success
- Promote student and alumni interactions including the management of the Student Alumni Mentorship Program
- Plan, organize, and implement receptions, reunions, special programs, and other alumni events both at AUA and worldwide.
- Function as a liaison between the alumni and the University.
- Develop and maintain current and ongoing communications and messaging to alumni about AUA in connection with the communications team.
- Oversee the maintenance of the AUA alumni database and the alumni record updates. Ensure accuracy and completeness of alumni records.
- In cooperation with academic departments create various different alumni engagement opportunities to increase alumni engagement with the programs and colleges.
- Assist the university’s student recruitment, community outreach programs, fundraising programs as well as events and fundraising campaigns as needed.
- Promotes giving back among alumni, with special focus on increasing the percentage of contributions among alumni for various fundraising activities.
- Conducts alumni surveys in cooperation with OIRA.
- Communicates with university departments and local businesses to arrange benefits packages for alumni members.
- Builds relationships with alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; maintains regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, social media, Alumni and print publications.
- Develops policies and procedures for the Office of Alumni Relations, oversees the budget for the Office Alumni Relations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor(s).
- University Diploma in a relevant field.
- Good command of written/oral English and Armenian.
- Computer skills (MS Office, spreadsheets, database management).
- Relevant work experience of 1 year and more.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with an ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies.
Required candidate level: Not defined
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “Manager of Office of Alumni Relations”. Applications must be received by May 31, 2022 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
The American University of Armenia (AUA) is a private institution of higher learning, offering a global education in Armenia.
AUA is affiliated with the University of California and accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001.
Founded in 1991, AUA provides a high-quality, graduate and undergraduate education that encourages civic engagement and promotes democratic values, fostering scholarship in a setting that values and develops academic excellence, free inquiry, integrity, scholarship, leadership, and service to society.
AUA’s graduate program offers master’s degrees in eight fields of study: Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and Systems Management, Computer and Information Science, Political Science and International Affairs, Economics, Public Health, Law, and Teaching English as a Foreign Language. These programs are intended to develop critical analysis and depth of knowledge through advanced coursework, independent study, and research.
AUA’s undergraduate program offers bachelor’s degrees in English and Communications, Computer Science, and Business. Through its undergraduate courses, the University offers students depth of knowledge for career preparation and further studies as well as breadth and a foundation of general knowledge and skills for life-long learning.
Phone: (060) 694-040