Deadline: 12 June 2019
Employment term: Permanent
Job type: Full time
The American University of Armenia is seeking Math Consultant for the Student Services to offer math assistance to the students by providing tutoring sessions in math and to develop ability to work through assignments on their own.
- Provide one-on-one or small group math support to students;
- Facilitate learning and guide students to develop and master math skills;
- Provide training for work-study students to further develop their math skills;
- Provide on-going support to work-study students, and conduct weekly trainings for them;
- Coordinate mini-workshops on topics for students;
- Develop handouts and other instructional materials;
- Work on related projects as assigned;
- Update math-related content on the website;
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s Degree, preferably in a field related.
- Excellent knowledge of calculus.
- Good English language skills, written and oral.
- Experience in teaching.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “Math Consultant”. Applications must be received by June 16, 2019 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
The American University of Armenia (AUA) is a private institution of higher learning, offering a global education in Armenia.
AUA is affiliated with the University of California and accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001.
Founded in 1991, AUA provides a high-quality, graduate and undergraduate education that encourages civic engagement and promotes democratic values, fostering scholarship in a setting that values and develops academic excellence, free inquiry, integrity, scholarship, leadership, and service to society.
AUA’s graduate program offers master’s degrees in eight fields of study: Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and Systems Management, Computer and Information Science, Political Science and International Affairs, Economics, Public Health, Law, and Teaching English as a Foreign Language. These programs are intended to develop critical analysis and depth of knowledge through advanced coursework, independent study, and research.
AUA’s undergraduate program offers bachelor’s degrees in English and Communications, Computer Science, and Business. Through its undergraduate courses, the University offers students depth of knowledge for career preparation and further studies as well as breadth and a foundation of general knowledge and skills for life-long learning.
Phone: (060) 694-040
Address: , Armenia