Database administrator (PostgreSQL)
Deadline: 31 January 2019
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Software development
Job type: Full time
We are looking for Database Administrators to design, install, maintain and upgrade the Webb Fontaine databases (production and non-production environments) and provide technical expertise in the use of database technology. If you work well in a team environment and exhibit flexibility when addressing daily shifting work priorities, you are welcome to apply.
- Manage the administration and integrity on a PostgreSQL 10 database as well as all technical aspects of the databases and processes
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes
- Review workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
- Approve, schedule and plan the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
- Work closely with analysts and developers to define and resolve information flow and content issues, helping to transform business requirements into environment specific databases
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Develop databases across multiple platforms.
- Implement and preform backup and recovery procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database and help develop the tools and techniques that allow to access data in a secure environment.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Document the database environment and standard operating procedures
- Automate DBA activities
- A solid working knowledge of database administration methodologies and techniques
- Good understanding of logical and physical database design principles.
- At least 1 years of work experience in DBMS management using PostgreSQL
- BS degree preferably Computer Science or equivalent
- Good knowledge of PostgreSQL 10
- Good knowledge of Linux (RHEL)
- Experience with shell scripting and job automation
- Knowledge of SQL and optimizations
- Ability to create technical documentation
- Experience with Oracle Database is a plus
To apply for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to: [email protected] , specifying the position title in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
Webb Fontaine Holding LLC is a branch of Webb Fontaine Group, a company headquartered in Dubai, U.A.E., for the development of Java-based applications on a proprietary platform. With worldwide presence through its subsidiaries and branch offices in Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa the company specializes in the development of Information Systems to support Trade Facilitation and propel Customs Modernization.
Webb Fontaine specializes in improving government services through e-government systems, business process re-engineering and leading edge information technology. Webb Fontaine provides a comprehensive suite of e-government software products, Electronic single window portals, Customs automation, information technology, telecommunications, and infrastructure services.
Webb Fontaine has the following six main products:
Webb Trade Single Window®
Webb Executive Vision®
“Baby born” package
Flexible working hours
Business trips within Webb Fontaine Group
Professional trainings and personal development opportunity
“Happy Hour” every Friday
Teambuilding and corporate events
No shortage of tea, coffee and fruits guaranteed.
Find more info
Phone: (010) 655-657
Address: , 6 fl., 2/5 Armenakyan str. , Yerevan , Armenia