Deadline: 24 September 2017
Employment term: Permanent
Job type: Full time
The Senior Auditor is a senior professional position involved in field works of the audit team to coordinate the audit process. Within the team composed for a specific audit assignment, Senior Auditor may take up the position of In-Charge Auditor (Team Leader).
He/she is supervised directly by Engagement Manager and reports to him/her on a regular basis on advancement of the audit process, compliance with the planned timetable of the audit engagement, completion of different procedures, etc.
- Supervise Audit Assistants included in the audit engagement team;
- Assist Engagement Manager in planning and performing preliminary analytical procedures;
- Fully understand the audit work assigned to him/her, apply professional judgement and expertise;
- Conduct audit work in the office and travel to the clients premises for the field work;
- Communication with managers and accounting staff of the client within the framework of audit procedures implementation;
- Secure that the team members fully comprehend their tasks assigned by the Engagement Manager;
- Identify potential risks in the areas of audit work performed and communicate them to the In-Charge Auditor;
- Review the work done and documented in working papers by Audit Assistants;
- Report on any deviation of the clients accounting policy and practice from the national /international accounting standards to the Engagement Manager, recommend corrective action;
- Exercise professional judgment and suggest any potential areas for expert involvement;
- Assure that International Standards on Auditing are being complied with during the audit process;
- Remain current on domestic and international regulations and guidelines as they pertain to, and affect the audit process as well as business risks associated with the client;
- Help Engagement Manager in delivering the audit engagement by understanding the tasks assigned by the Engagement Manager and leading the team of professionals to fulfil them;
- Before every new engagement obtain business knowledge and understanding and for existing clients update already available information;
- Evaluate the work of subordinate staff after each engagement;
- Help Engagement Manager to compile auditor’s reports and other reports as prescribed by the terms of engagement;
- Follow that working papers and documents are properly filed in current audit files and permanent files on clients are periodically updated;
- Consider the Ethics and Quality Control Manual, promote ethical and professional behavior and courtesy within the engagement team and in communications with the client’s staff;
- Other duties as requested by the Engagement Manager.
- University degree in Finance/Accounting or Economics;
- At least 3 years of work experience with proven excellence in the areas of audit or accounting in financial sector;
- ACCA member or successful completion of most of the required exams;
- Audit or Accounting licence is preferable;
- Excellent analytical and technical skills;
- Ability for delegation and supervision of work;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills;
- Focused and detailed oriented person;
- Excellent aptitude of team work;
- Ability to preserve deadlines;
- Professional appearance and behaviour;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Fluency in Armenian, Russian and English.
Number of employees: 50-200
Grant Thornton CJSC, the Armenian member of Grant Thornton International, is a multi-professional group of public accountants and auditors, specialist advisers in finance, business and management, as well as tax and legal advisers.
Address: , 8/1 Vagharshyan Str. , Yerevan , Armenia