Senior Platform Engineer
Deadline: 13 March 2019
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Software development
Job type: Full time
DISQO is a next generation consumer insights platform. We provide the highest quality consumer data to the world's largest market research agencies, analytics companies, and brands. We operate one of the world's largest true consumer insights panels. This data helps our clients understand user behavior, build better experiences, and make better decisions. We utilize cutting-edge technology and innovative, out-of-the-box strategies to collect and analyze insights which help shape the products and services of tomorrow.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, exciting & highly motivated team and upgrade your skills while creating real impact. We use a modern tech stack and cloud infrastructure. We are not only looking for work experience, but rather the willingness to step up to challenges and the ability to learn quickly.
- Build and lead a growing team of high-performing engineers by providing strong leadership
- Help define and enforce DevOps standards, procedures, and guidelines to improve the overall development process
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your peers
- Cultivate a modern DevOps culture and mindset throughout your teams and establish performance metrics and processes to improve velocity and deliverability
- Deploy and support high-performance, highly-available infrastructure on AWS
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Conduct periodic on call duties
- Own the day-to-day health, uptime, monitoring, and reliability of our cloud infrastructure
- Work closely with engineering and project management to develop tools and solutions
- Identify tactical issues and react to emerging areas of concern
- Think long-term and dislike band-aids
- Identify unnecessary complexity and remove it
- 5+ years experience in a SRE/SysAdmin, DevOps, or equivalent role
- 3+ years of production AWS experience, including but not limited to EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, S3, Auto Scale, ELB
- 2+ years of experience in technical leadership role managing DevOps in Agile environments (Scrum)
- Capability to program in at least one language (other than Bash), ideally Python, PHP or Java
- Solid knowledge of the Linux architecture
- Experience with container stacks and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, ECS, etc)
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, or Ansible
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Code frameworks such as Terraform
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience with application monitoring tools (DataDog, New Relic, SumoLogic, etc)
- Strong knowledge of core protocols and tech such as: TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, load balancers, distributed file systems, key-value and relational databases
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience with CI/CD tools and production code deployments
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
DISQO is the leading provider of first-party opinion and behavior data to the world's largest market research agencies, analytics companies, and brands included in the Fortune 500 list.
We operate one of the world's largest true consumer insights panels. Our members actively participate in over 10 million surveys and share billions of deep cross-site & multi-channel behavioral data points with us every year. Founded in LA, DISQO has opened a new branch in Armenia involving the local innovative talent in large-scale international projects and initiatives.
We believe that quality data comes directly from people. Only by engaging qualified people are we able to harness the accurate and complete intelligence which drive the most important decisions for our clients. We are building best-in-breed software to help all knowledge workers make better products, improve consumer experience and eliminate waste.
Find more about DISQO at www.disqo.com.
Perks of DISQO
We enjoy a flexible work schedule and personal time-off policy. We focus on deliverables and believe in supporting a culture of trust and responsibility.
We are dedicated to helping our employees live healthier and longer. We cover 100% of the cost of premiums for employees for medical, dental and vision insurance.
We believe that fun is an inextricable part of every activity and besides the casual work environment we enjoy ping pong tournaments, video game nights, regular happy hours, seriously good coffee, great music, and more.
Our kitchen is fully stocked to ensure we are fueled to perform our best. To mix it up, we have catered lunches from various local restaurants.
Flex your skills and learn from your peers. We are made up of talented, driven and ambitious people who practice curiosity and collaboration.
American DISQO in Armenia
American DISQO IT company, which has recently attracted USD 13.5 million investment, announced opening of its branch in Armenia.
$13.5 Mln Funding, 30 Vacancies: DISQO - American Tech Company Opens New Branch in Armenia
Yerevan - October 2, 2018 - DISQO, a fast growing tech company from the US, announced $13.5 mln in funding and is establishing a new branch in Armenia. The company provides the highest quality first-hand consumer data to the world’s largest market research and analytics companies. At this new stage of development, the Armenian founders are tapping into Armenia’s innovative potential...Learn More
Address: , 16 Halabyan St. , Yerevan , Armenia