Deadline: 24 April 2019
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Other IT
Job type: Full time
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional with some experience in Linux OS and different in-distribution Applications/Servers with a strong willing to learn more and deeper, to enhance and widen knowledge base, area and quality in order to grow into a skilled systems engineer and a self motivated professional in Telecome/IT SP field. The starting point of doing so for an appropriate candidate is to deal with individual subscriber problems initiating from end user services and devices, troubleshooting those and collecting and categorizing issues into a systematic problems which correlate with the HW/SW/NW eco-system.
- Provide platform monitoring and service monitoring support to the TV team and wider audience to help improve overall quality of monitoring system.
- Work closely with the NOC, CC and level1/2 support and other related departments on incidents and provide direct follow up to Level 3 support and SW vendors if required.
- Troubleshoot individual subscriber issues affecting core TV and extra services (Portal apps, youtube, TV set and STB connectivity related).
- Participate in clean take over and acceptance of new TV core and auxiliary components from the engineering and development/SW delivery teams.
- Support the testing and validation in pre-production environment (test lab) to confirm and validate bug fixes for new SW (code) releases.
- Reproduce known issues/problems and reported incidents in production in this test lab.
- Assist in Acceptance Tests and Operation Field Trials.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or Electronic Engineering or related field.
- 1 to 3 years experience in Telecoms/ITSP
- Knowledge of concepts: IPTV, OTT, DTV, DVB
- Advanced User Level Acquaintance with some of:
- RedHat/Oracle/CentOS/Debian/SuSE/ Linux Administration, Linux Networking
- System Management and Maintenance Automation (one or more of - Chef, Jenkins, Supervisor, Bcfg2, Graylog, Runit, Upstrart, Loggy, Snort, CFEngine, Systemd, Ansible, Iperf, Memcached, Squid, Logstash, SaltStack,)
- System Monitoring (some of - Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti, Graphit, Prometheus, Graphana, Pagerduty, God)
- Web Servers (some of - Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Nginx).
Required candidate level: Mid level
You can apply online via staff.am or follow the below application procedure.
Candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements and are confident that their background and experience qualify them for the position, are asked to send their resume to: [email protected] mentioning the title of the announced position ("Systems Administrator") in the subject line.
Linux system administration
Ability to deal with new technologies
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
Since entering the Armenian telecom market in 2009, Ucom has provided Armenian customer with high-quality services, using the most advanced technology.
Our key objective has always been to ensure accessibility of the latest innovative solutions of the field to our customers. We were the first to introduce the FTTH (Fiber to the Home) solution to the Armenian consumer, which ensures provision of high-quality IPTV, broadband internet and digital phone services.
Recognizing the potential of the Armenian telecommunication market, we were able to not only achieve a stable position on the Armenian broadband internet market in a short period of time, but have also become the largest wholesale operator in Armenia, thanks to own fiber-optic link connecting Armenia and Georgia. This enabled the company to provide transit internet services to Near East countries, thus ensuring the importance of Armenian telecommunication market in the region.
Catching up with the trends of global telecommunication market, in 2013 the company received a license for provision of public mobile broadband internet services, and in 2015 acquired 100% shares of Orange Armenia, thus expanding its operation to the Armenian mobile market. This expansion prepared basis for implementation of the fastest 4G+ network in Armenia, which meets the best international standards, as well as replenish company’s convergent services, with “4 in 1” package, providing customers with the access to a full range of IPTV, fixed and mobile voice and internet services.
Apart from bringing new technology and innovation to the country, Ucom has as well been active in Corporate Social Responsibility domain, implementing a number of development projects, in particular aimed at supporting education and children development. Opening computer and engineering laboratories in schools all around the country, the company contributes to the development of ICT field in Armenia. The company supports as well the vulnerable social groups, continuing to implement “Let’s keep children home” SMS charity project, in the frame of which families are provided with means to ensure stable income and bring home their children from state caring institutions, as well as “Light to Armenian eyes” program, which provides free of charge quality ophthalmological service to inhabitants of regions.
Being an Armenian company, Ucom has always attached importance to concepts of corporate responsibility and philanthropy, having its contribution to development of different domains of our country.
Continuing our work and mission, as well as attributing importance to and maintaining the activity developed by Orange Foundation, we founded Ucom Foundation in 2016, as a key structure implementing charity and philanthropy projects of Ucom LLC.
Our mission is to help vulnerable groups of our society, to improve people’s life by creating stable income sources for them, to unite families, to contribute to formation of a stable and safe society, to educate healthy and developed generation and create further development opportunities.
Ինչպես գտնել աշխատանք 1 click-ով. Ucom Մարդկային ռեսուրսների և կազմակերպության զարգացման տնօրեն Անի Փեթրոյանը staff.am նոր գործիքակազմի մասին
Ucom ընկերության Մարդկային ռեսուրսների և կազմակերպության զարգացման տնօրեն Անի Փեթրոյանը ներկայացնում է՝ ինչպես ենք կիրառում staff.am օնլայն դիմումների կառավարման նոր գործիքակազմը լավագույն մասնագետների հավաքագրման համար։
Address: , Armenia