Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success
Date: On request
Category: Web/Graphic design
In today’s ever-growing and changing world, being able to think creatively and innovatively are essential skills. It can sometimes be challenging to step back and reflect in an environment which is fast paced or when you are required to assimilate large amounts of information. Making sense of or communicating new ideas in an innovative and engaging way, approaching problems from fresh angles, and producing novel solutions are all traits which are highly sought after by employers.
The greatest innovators aren’t necessarily the people who have the most original idea. Often, they are people- or teams- that have harnessed their creativity to develop a new perspective or more effective way of communicating an idea. You can train your imagination to seize opportunities, break away from routine and habit, and tap into your natural creativity.
This course will equip you with a ‘tool-box’, introducing you to a selection of behaviours and techniques that will augment your innate creativity. Some of the tools are suited to use on your own and others work well for a group, enabling you to leverage the power of several minds.
The practical approach of this course enables you to acquire an essential skill-set for generating ideas, with plenty of:
- activities and exercises;
- practical lectures and tips;
- video representations of the techniques in action.
You can pick and choose which of these tools or techniques suit your needs and interests, focusing on some or all of the selected approaches and in the order that fits best for you.
Whatever you’re doing, whether it’s work or leisure, if you practice spending time applying these tools to anything you see or imagine, they will help you get into the habit of making space for observation and imagination.
No previous knowledge is needed.
Join this course and our community of practioners in creativity!
We look forward to seeing you online
What you'll learn
- Understand what creative thinking techniques are
- Comprehend their importance in tackling global challenges as well as in everyday problem-solving scenarios
- Apply different brainstorming techniques in group activities
- Be proficient in the application of the 6 thinking hats tool in different life scenarios
- Develop a systematic approach to idea generation through the use of morphological analysis
- Innovate on an existing product, service or situation applying the SCAMPER method
- Get confident with the theory of inventive problem solving, called TRIZ
- Select and apply the appropriate technique based on the opportunity to seize or the problem to
Head of the Dyson School of Design Engineering and Professorial Lead in Engineering DesignImperial College London
ParticipationRegistration deadline: 24 August 2019
To participate in this training, you can Enroll
Share with Your Friends