Graphic Design Bootcamp
Date: On request
Category: UI/UX/Graphic Design
What Will I Learn?
- A clear understanding of how to work with BOTH print and web projects in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- The skills and confidence to create things like flyers, business cards, web graphics, and more.
- How to build a skill set that can set you up to be employable in the creative industry as a graphic designer.
This course is for anyone who is interested in becoming a graphic designer, and especially geared towards total beginners. I'll show you how to make some of the most popular projects in the industry, like:
- custom logos
- business cards
- web graphics
- and more.
We will be using Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator; the industry-standard applications for graphic design. I'll also review relevant terms and design practices to help you create pixel-perfect projects for print and web, with the goal to get you up and running as soon as possible so you can start your new and exciting career as a graphic designer.
If you aren't looking to learn design for a job, don;t worry - this is a great course for you too! Many of my students are moms looking to make fun cards or invitations, or students looking to spice up their resumes and social media graphics, and teachers looking to add some creative elements to their homework materials - the list goes on and on. Design is for everyone! And this course is, too!
There is also a private Facebook group with over 5600 students and counting, which is an awesome resource for you to take advantage of while you go through the course. The group is an excellent place to post projects, get insightful critiques, and network with other like-minded students and working professionals all over the world.
All project files are included as a free download at the beginning of each section, and you are welcome to use the files however you want, or simply to follow along with the projects as you move through the lessons.
NOTE - I cover a lot of program shortcuts in this course as well!
We launched a daily online graphic design newspaper as an added resource for our students! It will be a great companion to our Private class Facebook group (which has 5,600 members and growing). We look forward to seeing you join in the fun!
Have you heard? The latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 is finally here! I’m both stoked and panicking… stoked because with the new update there are all kinds of new and exciting changes, and panicking because now I need to review the course and make updates to ensure you can still follow along. For the most part, all of the principles you will learn in this course transcend the tools you actually use - There are students using Adobe versions from CS3 up to CC 2017, and there are even students using apps like Sketch and Pixelmator to make some of the projects in this course.
If you see anything in any of the lectures that no longer apply with the software update, please let me know! I’m doing my best to keep this course up to date and continue to add value for you.
Who is eligible:
- Have access to the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. I will be using a Mac, but you can just as easily follow along with a Windows machine since the principles will be the same and the apps work on either platform.
- Be proficient with using a computer, although prior knowledge of any of the Adobe apps is not necessary. However, this is not an “A to Z” course for every bell and whistle that each app provides, but rather a roadmap for how to make awesome projects that people are willing to pay for or that employers are looking for you to have skills with creating.
- Some creative skills (drawing, photography, etc.) are helpful and will definitely give you a better chance at becoming successful as a designer, but not required.
- A desire to learn design, whether for a job or for a hobby - design is for everyone!
Who is the target audience?
- Employees or Employers that need to gain skills in graphic design so you can produce graphics and print materials for your company.
- Beginners that want to start a career as a graphic designer.
- Entrepreneurs that plan to start their own business or become a freelancer.
- Anyone that wants to learn how to take their creative ideas and put them into a print or digital format.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Creative Director; Online Teacher to over 25,000 students
Derrick has spent his entire career in the creative arts and marketing sector. Starting back as early as high school where he turned homework into paying gigs, his love for all things art and technology driven has continued to grow. Working with brands such as MTV, Nintendo, and Netflix while employed as an intern for Seven 2 Interactive catapulted his career. His branding work and graphic design has been included in international publications for the design industry and regularly featured on trending websites.
Derrick has been a lifetime student of productivity and time management, and has invested thousands of dollars in books and programs around the topic to maximize the productivity of his agency, as well as to help his clients and students make more money while working smarter, not harder.
Derrick is the owner of a small design agency, Mitchell's Garage | Creative Media Chop Shop, located in the heart of downtown Kalispell, Montana. Mitchell's Garage has been successful in reaching and working with clients all over the world, including Washington D.C., New York, California, Calgary, Austria, Australia, Washington, Colorado, and of course, throughout Montana.
He is also the Creative Director for a defense company based out of Montana - a job that lets him stretch his creative muscles and make some epic things each and every day.
Certificate of Participation
To participate in this training, you can Enroll
Share with Your Friends
Training Center Details
Number of Employees: 500-1500