Smarter Chatbots with Node-RED and Watson AI
Date: On request
Category: Hardware Design / Engineering
In this course, you'll learn how to use Node-RED to augment the capabilities of your Watson Assistant chatbots by integrating them with services such as Watson Translate and Text to Speech. You'll also practice deployment of chatbots to Facebook Messenger.
Node-RED, which is built on Node.js, is a browser-based flow editor that makes it easy to wire together devices, APIs, and online services by simply dragging and dropping nodes on a palette. You then connect, or wire, the nodes to create flows that can be then deployed to the lightweight Node.js runtime with a single click.
Get hands-on experience in this course as you learn how to use Node-RED to augment the capabilities of your Watson Assistant chatbots. You will learn how to:
- Convert speech to text
- Analyze tone
- Translate text into different languages
- Send tweets through Twitter
- Add audio and video capabilities
- Set up a chatbot using the IBM Watson Assistant service and Facebook Messenger.
This course requires no programming experience!
Who is eligible:
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.
What you'll learn
- Create a Node-RED application
- Consume web services from Node-RED
- Integrate Watson Assistant with other Watson services
- Connect your Node-RED applications to external services like Twitter
- Deploy your chatbots to Facebook Messenger
Early Program Manager, IBM Watson Developer Cloud
Early Program Manager, IBM Systems
Share with Your Friends