TOURISM 3.0: Travel to Experience
Price: 42000 AMD
Date: 25 April - 7 May 2019
Time: 18:30 - 20:30
Centuries ago, people travelled to discover new territories. Decades ago people travelled to see these discovered territories. Not anymore. To SEE is not the priority, to EXPERIENCE is! That is what we call Tourism 3.0.
Throughout this course, the students will learn what types of experience people are interested in, who these people are, how to target them and what type of products to offer. There will be plenty of brainstorming, discussion, case developments and presentation.
All the materials and the content are based on practical cases so that the students can learn the best practices from successful companies and understand international trends in tourism.
At the end of the course, the students will be able to understand the mindset of hospitality industry and develop advanced and successful products.
Start date: April 25, 2019
End date: May 7, 2019
Schedule: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 7 PM – 9 PM
Course Fee: 42,000 AMD
Gevorg Babayan played leading roles in tourism in few countries over 10 years. His initiative brought Envoy Hostel and Tours to become an international chain. Gevorg established unique products not only locally but globally. He set up the first Yerevan Walking Tours (2007), the first scheduled tours from Yerevan to Tbilisi and back (2010), the first and only Soviet Yerevan tours (2011). He was one of the first to use social media for tourist businesses globally since 2008. Gevorg was the first Armenian to set up scheduled tours in Georgia and Cambodia. Currently, he works with Save the Children Foundation on improving tourism study curriculum in several colleges around Armenia. He works with State Tourism Development Committee over the vision of Armenian tourism development.
ParticipationRegistration deadline: 25 April 2019
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.
Share with Your Friends
Training Center Details
Number of Employees: 20-50
American University of Armenia Extension Department (AUA Extension) serves as University's principal interface with the community. At AUA Extension we plan, design, develop and deliver a number of quality courses to target certain sectors of government, academia, private organizations and individuals to help them fulfil professional and/or career goals through flexible and innovative adult and continuing education training programs. We offer comprehensive English Language Training, a multitude of Computer Literacy and Information Technology training and a number of Leadership, Business and Entrepreneurial courses.