TUMO Studios, Art Director
Deadline: 10 February 2019
Employment term: Permanent
Job type: Full time
Our team is growing! We are looking for an energetic and talented Art Director to lead programming and product development for TUMO Studios. This is a unique chance to flex your creative muscles and help shape the direction of our educational programming and products. If you are a creative professional plugged into traditional craftsmanship and the latest trends, with solid knowledge of the design and manufacturing process, learn more about the role and apply by February 10th.
- Concept, create and present unique, cutting-edge design ideas;
- Work in close contact with the Head of TUMO Studios to develop the design ateliers program;
- Work in close contact with the Head of TUMO Studios on the project’s brand positioning and market strategy;
- Work in close contact with permanent and visiting atelier leaders to develop ateliers results towards production;
- Provide guidance and mentoring for TUMO Studios students;
- Provide guidance and mentoring for artisans affiliated with TUMO Studios;
- Supervise the creation of visual material for the TUMO Studios website and communication channels;
- Manage and supervise production;
- Research emerging design trends and traditional craftsmanship to create innovative products in line with the project’s strategy.
- 3-4 years (designer or art director) in product design and development;
- Strong conceptual, problem-solving and executional skills;
- Ability to understand and identify key strategic issues, and develop creative solutions;
- Excellent verbal and communication skills;
- Ability to convey creative direction to the team and students;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, working well under pressure;
- Efficient, proactive and independent approach to work;
- Solid knowledge of pre-production, production and manufacturing processes.
To apply, please send a resume and portfolio to [email protected]. Please mention “Art Director” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
TUMO Studios is one of the latest initiatives of the TUMO Center for Creative Technologies. It is a non-profit educational program that focuses on the design and creation of analog products, combining traditional know-how with contemporary designs.
Local craftsmen, budding professionals and international designers are connected in an atelier setting where they create innovative pieces in areas such as fashion, jewelry, embroidery, pottery, printing, product design and cooking.
Since its inception, TUMO Studios has brought over 45 design professionals to Armenia to work with hundreds of students and local crafts professionals in workshop settings.
We have had workshops in jewelry, pottery, printmaking, fashion, culinary design, product design and embroidery led by leading professional from France, Denmark, the US, Japan, Lebanon, Corsica, Italy, Brazil, the UK, Russia India and Spain.
To learn more about TUMO Studios please visit fb.com/tumostudios.
Phone: (011) 203-088
Address: , Pushkin 38, 0010 , Yerevan , Armenia