Turpanjian Rural Development Program Assistant
Deadline: 28 June 2019
Employment term: Permanent
Job type: Full time
- Assist the Turpanjian Rural Development Program Leader with the overall management of the field office in Ijevan;
- Making/maintain contacts with local government leaders and other stakeholders as well as with financial institutions;
- Manage and monitor the Program objectives;
- Organize educational and training activities;
- Coordinate TRDP loan application process; prepare loan packages of Ijevan beneficiaries (collection of documents from beneficiaries, preparation of relevant documents, contracts for the program leader’s review);
- Deal with the data and records of the field office;
- Work with regional data, coordinate the process of data collection in Tavush area, update the TRDP databases with the data relevant to TRDP Ijevan beneficiaries;
- Review/edit business plans, and other program related documentation;
- Prepare and process the contracts of local trainers and training assistants;
- Provide support to the beneficiaries to prepare marketing strategy for their businesses, including, internet, digital marketing, advertising and promotion etc.
- Assist in public relation activities, act as a liaison between the local team and local media;
- Answer to inquires about the program, its activities and conditions;
- Provide other assistance and administrative/logistical support to the Turpanjian Rural Development Program Leader.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- University degree in appropriate area such as business or public policy;
- 1-2 years of working experience;
- Strong written/oral communication skills in English, Armenian, and Russian;
- Experience in data collection and analysis (experience in report writing is preferable);
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (including with local village residents);
- Computer skills (MS Office, spreadsheets, database management).
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “TRDP Program Assistant”. Applications must be received by June 28, 2019 to be considered. Only short listed applicants will be notified and invited for interview.
The American University of Armenia (AUA) is a private institution of higher learning, offering a global education in Armenia.
AUA is affiliated with the University of California and accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001.
Founded in 1991, AUA provides a high-quality, graduate and undergraduate education that encourages civic engagement and promotes democratic values, fostering scholarship in a setting that values and develops academic excellence, free inquiry, integrity, scholarship, leadership, and service to society.
AUA’s graduate program offers master’s degrees in eight fields of study: Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and Systems Management, Computer and Information Science, Political Science and International Affairs, Economics, Public Health, Law, and Teaching English as a Foreign Language. These programs are intended to develop critical analysis and depth of knowledge through advanced coursework, independent study, and research.
AUA’s undergraduate program offers bachelor’s degrees in English and Communications, Computer Science, and Business. Through its undergraduate courses, the University offers students depth of knowledge for career preparation and further studies as well as breadth and a foundation of general knowledge and skills for life-long learning.
Phone: (060) 694-040