Advanced Analytics & Modelling Researcher
Deadline: 16 July 2019
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Data Collection & Analytics
Job type: Full time
We are looking for Advanced Analytics & Modelling Researcher with strong quantitative and critical thinking who will be responsible for building and testing mathematical models, conducting innovation and socio-economic analysis and forecasting, as well as advising the organization’s decision-making process.
The incumbent should possess general understanding of behavioral and development economics. The Advanced Analytics & Modelling Researcher will engage in the design and creation of models and simulations. The incumbent will contribute her/his field and unique perspective to research and development efforts that integrate and advance the state of the art in computational science and behavioral forecasting.
The incumbent will engage in executing the research agenda that will involve building predictive models of individual intent and human behavior in different domains, and providing recommendations for optimizing different processes in startup creation, commercialization of science, public policy, strategy, etc. They will also participate in the program conceptualization and ex ante impact assessment.
The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. She/he will be able to lead and implement advanced analytics projects, collaborate with internal and external colleagues, and have a keen attention to detail.
- Make data-driven forecasts regarding the potential effects of different policies and human behavior in a number of socio-economic domains;
- Build and apply mathematical models to describe human intent and decision-making process across a range of areas;
- Research and design methodologies, modeling strategies, and tools that support data analysis which integrate Computational Behavioral perspectives;
- Run models and simulations to predict outcomes of complex interactions;
- Conduct research, utilizing public and private sources of information to collect, record, analyze and evaluate facts;
- Conduct data collection, database creation, process a variety of data, structured and unstructured, sophisticated data analysis;
- Do formative evaluation, ex ante and ex post impact assessment;
- Produce clear and concise written reports documenting the methodology used to conduct and analyze studies;
- Summarize project results;
- Prepare progress reports, briefs, dashboards, other articles, reports and presentations for senior management review;
- Be an active, willing and cooperative team player;
- Be prepared to develop independent research projects.
- Master's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics/econometrics, behavioral science or data science with strong quantitative background (PhD is preferred);
- Ability to perform statistical analysis, create and run mathematical models;
- Ability to manipulate large, complex data sets using a variety of software such as Python, R, etc.;
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms is a plus;
- Strong understanding of rational choice theory, behavioral game theory is a plus;
- At least two years of recent experience in an applied research/modeling environment;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, reason analytically, and work effectively with people possessing different levels of technical knowledge is required;
- Ability to work independently, and as a part of the team;
- Knowledge of business processes and excellent critical thinking skills;
- Proven skills in communicating scientific results orally and in writing to different audiences;
- Excellent level of English, both written and spoken.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to [email protected]. Please indicate the title of the position “Advanced Analytics & Modelling Researcher” in the subject line of your e-mail. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia.
FAST aims to revive the country’s strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem.
One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
Note: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
Phone: (060) 740-044
Address: 3 Hakob Hakobyan St, Yerevan, Armenia