Business Support Assistant (Social Media Specialist)
Deadline: 28 January 2020
Employment term: Temporary
Job type: Full time
Recognizing the important role that social media platforms, and individuals within them, play in sharing information across the globe, and based on WFP’s efforts to raise visibility on the Organization, WFP Armenia needs to strengthen its social media presence. This work includes launching the fundraising platforms of various social media outlets to engage with individuals, the Armenian Diaspora, WFP partners, media as well as targeted population groups. Initially WFP Armenia will seek to raise awareness around tow portfolios, namely Nutrition and Food Value Chain activities, also capitalizing on framing already existing material arounds WFP’s school feeding support.
WFP Armenia will aim to apply communication and individual fundraising strategies that encourage followers to engage with WFP and create a sense of community that calls for individuals to join WFP in its fight against food insecurity and malnutrition globally and in Armenia. Through the daily management of the platforms, mainly Facebook and Twitter, the Business Support Assistant (Social Media Specialist) and the team will produce appeals, visual content, fundraising pages, success stories and engage in one-to-one communication with users.
Under the overall guidance of the Country Director, the Business Support Assistant (Social Media Specialist) will report directly to the Communications Officer.
Creation and sharing of social media communication material:
• Create pictures, videos, stories and digital infographics on and for WFP Armenia activities with the support of Communications Officer and Head of Partnerships;
• Create daily posts for both Facebook and Twitter in English and Armenian, and possibly in a third language (French or Russian) to target groups of Armenian diasporas.
Identification of target groups and key social media’s stakeholders:
• Support the Communications Officer in identifying selected groups of individuals on Facebook in Armenia and in key countries, as well as influencers and key stakeholders to raise the work of WFP and engage with them on social media platforms and suggest targeted messaging to the various groups.
Creation of appeals using social media platforms:
• Through liaising with WFP Offices in selected countries where Facebook Fundraising is available, support the Head of Partnerships and be responsible for the content creation of fundraising ‘sub-pages’ to stimulate the sharing of information from WFP to individuals but also establishing systems whereby individuals and possible donors can discuss specific topics together;
• Update users on the progresses and realization of activities that have been funded by individuals through Facebook and by already existing partners from WFP traditional contributions;
• One-to-one communication with individuals through messages and visual content to provide users with tailored information, answer questions and catch their attention on ongoing activities;
• Take part in exploring opportunities of using new and upcoming social media platforms for outreach and WFP awareness generation;
• Create “Thank you” posts and highlights on donors to encourage other followers to make contributions.
• Create and post success stories, and other types of content, to leverage on the interest of existing followers and ensure feed-back to stakeholders.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communication, Digital Graphic Design or other relevant field is desired.
Experience: Has at least 3 years of experience in using and managing social media platforms, creating digital content and reaching out to a wide range of different stakeholders nationally and internationally. Has experience in producing tailored products, managing and using social media platforms for communication activities. Has supported projects and operational activities that maintain and develop donor and host government partnerships. Has collated data, assisted in drafting resourcing analysis and collaborated with accurate and timely briefs as well as reporting to donors. Is knowledgeable on how to create and use relevant tools and softwares to edit photos, videos and produce stories.
Knowledge & Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills adapted to social media contexts; Advanced knowledge of social media and tools to produce infographics, photos and video-editing.
Languages: Fluency (level C) in English and Armenian languages; Intermediate knowledge (level B) of Russian or French language is highly desirable.
Contract Type: Special Service Agreement
Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
All qualified candidates who meet the above requirements are encouraged to submit their online application accompanied by an updated Curriculum Vitae (in English) and UN Personal History (P11) Form (attached below) through WFP e-Recruitment system at the following link.
Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Required application form
Assisting 86.7 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The Government of Armenia and WFP stepped up cooperation in 1993. The first years of this strong partnership marked different food relief projects gradually evolving into community development initiatives. In 2010, the Government of Armenia, WFP and their strategic partners joined hands for improved nutrition, education and social protection by relaunching School Feeding Programme. The common goal and vision is a nationally-owned, sustainable National School Feeding Programme for the benefit of Armenian people. Nowadays, it is a state-of-the-art Programme that is fully integrated in the life of children, their families and communities. WFP’s plans for the next five years, created as a joint effort with national and international partners, will continue tackling food insecurity, malnutrition and poverty as important national issues identified by the National Strategic Review (NSR) that embraces the future development priorities of Armenia.
Capitalizing on current and present outstanding achievements, WFP and partners will enhance focus on nutrition and creation of innovative and sustainable nutrition sensitive food value chains. Simultaneously, WFP will support communities, provinces, Ministries and the Government of Armenia to strengthen their capacities for improved national policies, programmes and systems.
Phone: (010) 585-112, (010) 580-538
Address: 14 Petros Adamyan street, Yerevan