Chief Technology Director
Deadline: 19 June 2021
Employment term: Permanent
Job type: Full time
As Chief Technology Director of the Global Delivery Center (GDC), you will be responsible and accountable for the technology enablement and engineering services supported by the Armenian Business Unit. As the technology leader, you will inspire the other divisions through guidance on modern cloud capabilities, best practices for architecture/design, methods for continuous learning/development, and be the senior lead ensuring engineering excellence throughout all of the GDC operations.
Your leadership and mentorship will directly contribute to the successful growth/impact of professional services, influence the creation of an engineering-led global support organization, and guide the creation of internal IT services supporting the rest of SADA. Success will be measured by the quality of engineering talent acquired, the effectiveness of continuous technology-based development for staff, and the positive impact our technology products/services provide to customers.
This position will report directly to the Managing Director of GDC Operations, and be the second in command within Armenia.
You will have an opportunity to be a chief leader supporting one of the most strategic initiatives in SADA’s 20 year history - the implementation of a globally recognized team that will be the cornerstone for engineering excellence and support of some of the world’s largest corporations.
This candidate should possess a diverse background in various technology disciplines; possessing expert level knowledge in areas such as cloud computing (specifically GCP), infrastructure modernization, modern application development, data engineering and machine learning/AI. To be successful, one must consistently be up-to-date on the latest technology developments within Google Cloud and have the charisma/energy to guide and inspire others.
This candidate will be recognized as an established leader within the company and be asked to regularly interact with customers. You will contribute to the design and implementation of a strategic business unit for the organization. You will work independently with limited oversight. The candidate will have active involvement in all technical work products delivered from the GDC and ensure quality control procedures are consistently followed.
Pathway to Success
#MakeThemRave is at the foundation of securing trusted relationships with our customers and business partners. Our singular goal is to provide customers with the best possible experience in migrating, building, modernizing, and supporting their systems in Google Cloud Platform.
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a dynamic business unit with vision and passion. You will be measured by the breadth, magnitude, and quality of the GDC’s contributions. The ability to collaborate with your peers locally and throughout the rest of the globe with consultative polish will be a key factor for success. This candidate will set the high quality engineering tone that establishes SADA’s unique presence within Armenia.
As you continue to execute successfully, the GDC will increasingly become a capability that differentiates SADA within the global marketplace.
Required Travel - Occasional travel to SADA HQ, strategic customer sites, conferences, and other related events (<10%). Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel has been temporarily restricted.
Customer Facing - You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly. Common touchpoints occur when qualifying potential opportunities, at project kickoff, throughout the engagement as progress is communicated, and at project close. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives.
Training - Ongoing with first-week orientation at HQ followed by a 90-day onboarding schedule. Details of the timeline can be shared. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all onboarding will be temporarily conducted remotely.
- Acquired Certifications in relevant public clouds (e.g. GCP Professional Architect)
- 10+ Years of experience leading technology teams in day-to-day operations
- Experience supervising engineering teams and setting performance goals
- Intimate knowledge of the technical ecosystem within Armenia
- Skilled at driving strategies for local partnerships and engineering recruiting
- Applied experience migrating complex, multi-tiered workloads from on-prem to the cloud
- Technical mastery in the field of DevOps and related family of tools and processes
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and the ability to apply trends to architectural needs.
- Experience working with containerization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Experience with information security practices and procedures
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration and applications layers
- Awareness and understanding in fields of data engineering best practices (big data, data warehouse modernization, data migration)
- Technical mastery of networking, VPNs, compute infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers, etc), and architecting/developing/maintaining production-grade systems in virtualized environments.
- Applied experience delivering immutable infrastructure-as-code solutions using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt and Packer.
- Applied experience delivering continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines, utilizing techniques like blue/green and canary deployments, with tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, and Spinnaker.
- Strong working knowledge of VMware, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V, or other virtualization software
- Experience working with Google Cloud data products (CloudSQL, Spanner, Cloud Storage, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Dataproc, Bigtable, BigQuery, Dataprep, Composer, etc)
- Experience with IoT architectures and building real-time data streaming pipelines
- Experience operationalizing machine learning models on large datasets
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction -- willingness to teach others and learn new techniques
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem
- Development of teams in support of Cloud Managed Services
- Experience in leading a 24/7 support team and the tools/processes needed to support a global customer base
- Experience leading organizations in an open, respectful, engaging, outgoing and people focused style
- Hands on experience in career development of consultants and managers
Required candidate level: C level
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make them rave
- Be data-driven
- Be one step ahead
- Be a change agent
- Do the right thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for GCP since 2016 and has been named the 2019 and 2018 Google Cloud Global Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work by Inc. as well as LA Business Journal!
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 12 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 3000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 25M+ users migrated to the cloud.
Google Cloud Platform
Customer relationship management
Leadership potencial developement
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
Apply through this Link
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
At SADA, we climb every mountain, clear every hurdle, and turn the improbable into possible – over and over again. Simply put, we propel your organization forward.
It’s not enough to migrate to the cloud, it’s about what you do once you’re there. Accelerating application development. Advancing productivity and collaboration. Using your data as a competitive edge. When it comes to Google Cloud, we’re not an add-on, we’re a must-have, driving the business performance of our clients with its power.
Beyond our expertise and experience, what sets us apart is our people. It’s the spirit that carried us from scrappy origins as one of the Google Cloud launch partners to an award-winning global partner year after year. With a client list that spans healthcare, media and entertainment, retail, manufacturing, public sector and digital natives – we simply get the job done, every step of the way.
SADA is a leading global provider of business and technology services that empowers people to transform their work, their organizations and the world. Our diverse, inclusive teams have the attitude, experience and approach to solve enterprise clients’ most complex problems and achieve their boldest ambitions. A Google Cloud Premier partner with multiple Specializations, SADA has earned numerous accolades and awards, including the Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year for 2018 and 2019. With a client list that spans healthcare, media and entertainment, retail, manufacturing and public sector, our team of certified experts helps accelerate their digital transformations using the entire Google Cloud portfolio, driving business performance with its power.
More info at www.sada.com.
Staff.am Interview with Hovig Safoian, Founder and Chairman of SADA
"SADA specializes in public cloud computing, particularly Google cloud computing, which includes all the enterprise-level services offered by Google, which by the way are not few. I think the introduction of all these technologies in Armenia will be quite important for Armenian technology companies, as public cloud computing is not so widespread in Armenia, which we are going to change and promote.
We will contribute to the improvement of approaches in the field of education. We will work with large global organizations, we will solve serious problems for those companies, contributing to the modernization of infrastructure, introducing innovations related to cloud technologies, projects. All this will enable Armenian engineers to work with the above-mentioned large global corporations, as well as with the engineering team of SADA's head office, which is the best in its field. And, of course, with Google։ engineers and product teams, taking into account our daily close work with Google."
Hovig Safoian, Founder and Chairman of SADA
You can access the full article here.
SADA is excited to announce the opening of a Global Delivery Center (GDC) in Yerevan, Armenia
The goal of the SADA GDC in Armenia is twofold...
1. To provide additional delivery and support services to companies around the world that are adopting Google Cloud.
2. And to develop the technical capabilities of aspiring IT workers in a region that is rapidly becoming a popular European technology hub.
“SADA’s growth in the cloud market is demanding that we create new offerings to streamline setup and activation of Google Cloud.” -- Tony Safoian, CEO of SADA
Read more about the announcement and how the GDC will also serve as a Tecnical Onboarding Center for all our customers.
Address: 2 Derenik Demirtchyan Street, Yerevan, Armenia