Civic Education Programs Representative in Shirak Region of Armenia
Deadline: 26 August 2019
Employment term: Contract
Job type: Other
The “Children of Armenia” Charitable Fund (COAF) is seeking an experienced, competent and motivated professional to provide COAF Civic Education Programs Representative services. The incumbent will be responsible for visiting Beniamin, Gusanagyugh, Horom, Lanjik, Sarnaghbyur, Vardashen and Meghrashen communities to monitor Professional Orientation, Student Councils Mentorship and Aflatoun Social-Financial Education Programs (please follow the link to find the detailed description of the programs: https://am.coafkids.org/education/), consulting and providing professional support to local specialists, as well as working with secondary and high school students.
Professional Orientation Program (PO)
- Supporting the implementation of PO program, being in constant touch with the local specialists implementing the program
- Conducting at least one monitoring visit a month to each of the seven beneficiary communities in Shirak region. Observing the process of PO classes and providing feedback to specialists
- Supporting the organization of study tours in the framework of the program, as well as coming up with their own initiatives
Student Councils Mentorship (SC)
- Developing the SC mentorship program with the program manager
- Implementing field work during the school year by conducting at least two visits a month to the school councils of each of the three villages.
- Organizing SC sessions during the visits, planning and conducting capacity building training courses for SC members, if necessary
- Collaborating with the school specialist responsible for SC works
- Supporting the SC formation works, ensuring the school election standards are maintained
- Supporting student councils in their efforts to develop and implement community development programs
Aflatoun Social-Financial Education Program
- Conduct at least one monitoring visit a month to Sarnaghbyur community in Shirak region. Observing the process of the Aflatoun training, providing feedback and professional support to the local teacher
- Being in touch with the local specialist in order to respond to the questions raised, as well as to provide other types of support
*It is required to provide a monthly report to the program manager, covering all the mentioned programs.
*It is encouraged to make suggestions on developing and improving various aspects of the program.
- Higher education (preferably in the field of education)
- At least two years of experience in non-formal education (experience in conducting courses is an asset)
- Highest proficiency in spoken and written Armenian language
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write reports
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- High sense of responsibility
- Ability to work effectively and under pressure
- Flexibility and creativity
- Good team player
You can apply online via staff.am or follow the below application procedure.
Interested candidates are requested to send a Cover Letter and a CV to [email protected] with “CIVIC EDUCATION PROGRAMS REPRESENTATIVE IN SHIRAK REGION OF ARMENIA” indicated in the subject line of the e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
Children of Armenia Charitable Fund (COAF) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that employs community-led approaches aimed at improving the quality of life in rural Armenia, with a particular focus on children and youth. COAF’s target development areas are education, healthcare, social and economic development. COAF launched its programs in 2004, starting in one village and expanding to 51 villages in Armavir, Aragatsotn, Lori, Gegharkunik, Shirak, and Tavush regions.
Since 2015 COAF has developed and started implementing a new vision – SMART Initiative. COAF SMART is designed to advance a generation across the rural world through education that will benefit individuals, societies and the environment. COAF SMART will become an exemplary model of development and will be replicated in other regions and communities throughout Armenia. The first COAF SMART Center was inaugurated on May 27, 2018, near the village of Debet, Lori Region, with an outreach to over 150,000 rural residents.
Benefits & perks of being a COAF-ian
- Highly competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical insurance package
- Business mobile phone plan
- Professional development opportunities throughout the year
- Free in-house English language courses
- Free in-house Eastern Armenian language courses (for foreigners)
- 4 working days of flexible time for personal leave
- Unlimited coffee and tea
- Access to a world-class COAF SMART Guesthouse
COAF SMART Center opening
Since 2015 Children of Armenia Fund (COAF) has developed and started implementing a new vision – SMART Initiative. SMART is designed to advance a generation across the rural world through education that will benefit individuals, societies and the environment. SMART will become an exemplary model of development and will be replicated in other regions and communities throughout Armenia. The first SMART Center was launched on May 27, 2018 in the region of Lori, Debet village.
Phone: 010 502076
Address: 1 Northern Avenue, 8th floor, Suite 24, Yerevan, Armenia, Yerevan, Armenia