Consultant on Project Communication and PR
Deadline: 30 October 2020
Employment term: Contract
Job type: Fixed term contract
The “Armenian Association of Social Workers” non-governmental organization (hereafter AASW) announces a competition for the selection of the individual Consultant to implement the “Outreach Strategy and Public Campaign” (Project Communication and PR, initial phase) assignment within the framework of the “Promoting Social Inclusion and Self-Reliant Livelihood Activities in Armenia” Project (hereinafter Project).
The objective of the assignment is to support the implementation of the Project beneficiary outreach and Project communication campaign, specifically to provide efficient project launch and to set up proper project communication tools and mechanisms.
The Consultant on Outreach Strategy and Public Campaign (PR Consultant) shall be responsible for the provision of technical assistance to the Project team in ensuring the compliance and implementation of effective beneficiary outreach and Project communication campaign in accordance of the Project Operational Manual and particularly with provided communication and donor visibility (JSDF and World Bank) guidelines. PR Consultant will provide the main PR and communication tools and mechanisms for the Project inception, ensure timely development of website, social media (Facebook) page and other relevant resources as well as lead the Project launch event organizing team and develop a beneficiary outreach strategy plan.
- Develop the outline of the Project public communication strategy and associated work plan (for the whole Project with a specific focus for 2020 and 2021 years),
- Cooperate with designer to guide the development of corporate branding, including visual solutions for project website, Facebook page, banner and other attributes with necessary short wording on the project agreed with the WB, supervise the process,
- Regularly cooperate with the IT Consultant (company) outsourced for the project website development, ensure its taxonomy compliancy with corresponding terms of reference, implement website testing/improvement and adjustment activities,
- Develop website content (in Armenian or English) based on information provided by the Project Implementing Team, upload the information to the website and update the website content during the assignment period,
- Train project assistant to work with website administration tools,
- Create, maintain Project social media pages (Facebook, Instagram) and implement page promotion activities,
- Develop the concept of the Project launch event (to be agreed with the PIA/MLSA),
- Develop recommendations on the launch event venue/location, agenda, format of the event, event information package (invitation, leaflet, press release, etc.), come up with relevant creative proposals for the organization of event and provide all other content solutions,
- Cooperate with the outsourced event management staff (company) for timely and quality preparation of all required launch event attributes and materials,
- Develop, maintain and update media relations, provide proper launch event coverage by mass media, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of media materials and share results and findings,
- Draft two articles about the Project, to be published in leading mass media,
- Develop outreach strategy/plan with supporting information materials (e.g. booklet, FAQ , etc.) for social workers (in close cooperation with local consultants working to develop/revise tools for social workers) with the aim of raising awareness on eligibility for the FBP, and promoting FBP beneficiaries’ involvement in respective activation, including self-employment, programs.
The assignment will be implemented in November 2020 – January 2021 period. The above mentioned tasks shall be carried out within the framework of a Service Contract concluded between the contracting body (Armenian Association of Social Workers) and the Consultant. The Contract will be signed over the period between November 2020 and January 2021 for a total 18 working days.
- University degree in communications, journalism, public relations (PR) or a related field;
- At least 5 years of working experience related to the PR;
- Experience of PR activities with international organizations and/or projects;
- Experience of PR activities in the social sector (is an advantage);
- Solid understanding of the mass media sector of Armenia;
- Good understanding of social protection system of Armenia and work with vulnerable population (is an advantage),
- Capability and proven experience in crafting messages in various formats (press releases, websites, success stories, blog entries, tweets, etc.) targeting a variety of audiences,
- Experience in social media management,
- Ability to work effectively as a team player in a dynamic environment;
- Excellent knowledge of the Armenian, working level knowledge of English (verbal/writing);
- Good computer and ICT skills (web site administration, social media, multimedia, etc.).
Required candidate level: Senior
The project is expected to help increase access to social assistance benefits and services and provide self-employment support to about 11,000 vulnerable members of society in urban and rural communities in Ararat, Armavir, Kotayk, Lori and Shirak regions of Armenia. The Project grant was received under the Japan Social Development Fund (JSDF) which is financed by the Government of Japan. The Project Grant Agreement was signed on May 6, 2020 (for details click here)
The project has been designed by the World Bank in partnership with the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs of Armenia and will be implemented by the Association of Social Workers– a non-governmental, not-for-profit national professional representative body of social workers in Armenia. The JSDF was established by the Government of Japan and the World Bank as a mechanism to provide direct assistance to the poorest and most vulnerable groups in eligible World Bank countries. The aim is to enhance their capacities, strengthen their empowerment and participation in society and economic life.
Written communication skills
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
All interested candidates meeting the above-listed requirements are requested to submit their letters of interest and CVs to the e-mail address below until October 30, 2020. Please clearly indicate the title of the position (PR Consultant) in the subject line of the e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.
E-mail: [email protected]
el: (374 93) 514499 (for questions and clarifications)
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
The Armenian Association of Social Workers (AASW) is the largest organization uniting social workers in Armenia, with more than 250 members from academic and practical circles (state and non-governmental organizations).
The main goals of the association are the development of social work education and practice in Armenia, protection of the rights and interests of social workers and their beneficiaries, promotion of social policy and social protection reforms in the Republic of Armenia, as well as the professionalization of existing social services.
The AASW was founded in 2004. During its history, AASW is closely cooperating with other Social Workers Associations in Europe and Neighborhood countries, such as Russia, Georgia, Iran, Eastern and Central European countries, etc. Being the largest organization uniting social workers in Armenia, AASW is also a part of the International Family of Social Workers. Since 2005 it is a part of the International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW). Besides, starting from 2017 AASW has joined the International Council for Social Welfare (ICSW), another international organization uniting social workers to address complexities and challenges of social work.
The AASW is an implementing agency of the “Promoting Social Inclusion and Self-Reliant Livelihood Activities in Armenia” Project. The project is expected to help increase access to social assistance benefits and services and provide self-employment support to about 11,000 vulnerable members of society in urban and rural communities in Ararat, Armavir, Kotayk, Lori and Shirak regions of Armenia. The Project grant was received under the Japan Social Development Fund (JSDF) which is financed by the Government of Japan.
The Project Grant Agreement was signed on May 6, 2020 (for details click here) has been designed by the World Bank in partnership with the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs of Armenia and will be implemented by the Association of Social Workers– a non-governmental, not-for-profit national professional representative body of social workers in Armenia.The JSDF was established by the Government of Japan and the World Bank as a mechanism to provide direct assistance to the poorest and most vulnerable groups in eligible World Bank countries. The aim is to enhance their capacities, strengthen their empowerment and participation in society and economic life.
Address: K. Ulnetsi 64, Yerevan, Armenia