Deadline: 16 July 2022
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Software development
Job type: Full time
People matter here. Webb Fontaine culture focuses on its employees’ success and happiness. Our team members are identified by their passion and enthusiasm towards excellence and innovation. Being a team player is key: we care and support each other.
Webb Fontaine is seeking a Mid/Senior Data Engineer to join a team providing solutions for the improvement of business activities. This is the perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to become a part of an innovative and energetic team that develops analysis tools that will influence both our products and clients.
What you will do:
- Identify, design, and implement internal processes for the Digital Analytics team - including automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ‘big data’ technologies
- Create big data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them with advanced analytics projects, scalable ad-hoc analysis, and automated reporting.
- Create testable and high-quality software with minimal risks
- Actively participate in project full cycle - architecture, design, and implementation
- Effectively communicate with team members in diverse locations
What you will bring in:
- Experience with big data technologies: Hadoop ecosystem, Spark, Hive, Kafka
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages – Java or Scala
- Proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of industry trends, best practices, and new technologies, and the ability to apply trends to architectural needs
- Fluent in English
Nice to have:
- Orchestration services: Airflow
- SQL and NoSQL: Hbase, Cassandra, Druid, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Experience with cloud techs AWS, GCP, Azure
- Cluster management systems: Cloudera manager, Ambari, Mapr
- Bash script, Ansible, Python
Required candidate level: Not defined
How to apply
We look forward to meeting you in person to discuss the role in detail and hear about your career goals.
Please, apply for the vacancy by sending your CV to [email protected]
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
Webb Fontaine Armenia stands apart from other IT companies in Armenia by providing the perfect mix of professional development opportunities and a joyful working environment.
Being the largest R&D center of Webb Fontaine Group, our employees are creating something big and new each day for the international trade community. The latest technologies (AI, Kotlin, React, Spring Boot, and more) and methodologies are the cornerstones at Webb Fontaine.
We believe that satisfied employees, that love what they do during most of their day, are the key to business success, that's why we do everything to have the best working atmosphere and conditions for our employees, including exceptional benefits and compensation packages, employee evaluations and development, staff socialization programs, and much more.
Webb Fontaine is the leading provider of solutions for trade facilitation powered by world-class technology including artificial intelligence.
Deployed in several countries worldwide, our solutions include:
- single-window systems for trade,
- paperless customs systems,
- cargo tracking systems (including regional interconnection of customs systems),
- collaborative valuation and classification programmers, and more.
Our research and development centers, the biggest in the trade area, are based in Europe and Asia.
The office in Armenia has begun its operations in 2005, and during the years grew to become the largest R&D center of the international IT giant - Webb Fontaine Group, which has R&D centers in Europe and Asia. We are working with more than 20 Governments worldwide - helping them to simplify customs procedures.
Vision and Mission
At Webb Fontaine, we believe in looking beyond barriers to shape tomorrow’s international trade.
Our mission is to leverage technology to challenge established practices and deliver innovative solutions for trade facilitation.
We build on our unique expertise in trade and customs to help governments, businesses, and economic communities globally rethink and transform the way they conduct trade. We develop high-tech software and services to benefit all trade stakeholders and make their lives easier.
Excellence, Passion and Innovation
Everything we do is guided by our quest for excellence. To us, excellence is not just a word. It’s a frame of mind. We provide best-in-class technology for all areas of international trade facilitation. And while we are proud of it, we are never satisfied: we are always looking to do more and better.
Webb Fontaine Armenia
Trusted by governments globally, Webb Fontaine provides industry wide solutions to accelerate trade development and modernization. The company uses unique technology including AI to enable countries to emerge as leaders in the future of trade. Knowledge transfer is at the core of Webb Fontaine; comprising of a team of experts who work across the board, empowering local communities and governments. As an industry leader with the largest R&D centers in the industry, Webb Fontaine is constantly developing international trade practices connecting countries, borders and people. For more information visit www.webbfontaine.com
Careers at Webb Fontaine
We think that providing nessary tools and perfect working environment help every single person to grow within the company. Check out Tatevik's career path at Webb Fontaine
Address: 6 fl., 2/5 Armenakyan str., Yerevan, Armenia