Deadline: 19 June 2021
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Other IT
Job type: Full time
As a Data Engineer at SADA, you will work collaboratively with architects and other engineers to recommend, prototype, build and debug data infrastructures on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You will have an opportunity to work on real-world data problems facing our customers today. Engagements vary from being purely consultative to requiring heavy hands-on work, and cover a diverse array of domain areas, such as data migrations, data archival and disaster recovery, and big data analytics solutions requiring a combination of batch or streaming data pipelines, data lakes and data warehouses.
You will be recognized as an established contributor by your team. You will contribute design and implementation components for multiple projects. You will work mostly independently with limited oversight. You will also participate in client-facing discussions in areas of expertise.
- Solve complex problems building advanced software systems, while processing several petabytes of data
- Adapt quickly to utilize software engineering best practices
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver quality software collaboratively
- Designing, implementing, and running big data pipelines that canvas over petabytes of data
- Collaborate with your team of engineers, project managers and solutions architecture to build new products and features for our clients.
- Learn functional programming
- Ensure that the software you create is testable and tested
- Actively participate in the architecture, design, and implementation discussions
- Actively participate in planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Google Professional Data Engineer Certified or able to complete within the first 45 days of employment
- Expertise in at least one of the following domain areas:
- Big Data: managing Hadoop clusters (all included services), troubleshooting cluster operation issues, migrating Hadoop workloads, architecting solutions on Hadoop, experience with NoSQL data stores like Cassandra and HBase, building batch/streaming ETL pipelines with frameworks such as Spark, Spark Streaming and Apache Beam, and working with messaging systems like Pub/Sub, Kafka and RabbitMQ.
- Data warehouse modernization: building complete data warehouse solutions, including technical architectures, star/snowflake schema designs, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT pipelines and reporting/analytic tools. Must have hands-on experience working with batch or streaming data processing software (such as Beam, Airflow, Hadoop, Spark, Hive).
- Data migration: migrating data stores to reliable and scalable cloud-based stores, including strategies for minimizing downtime. May involve conversion between relational and NoSQL data stores, or vice versa.
- Backup, restore & disaster recovery: building production-grade data backup and restore, and disaster recovery solutions. Up to petabytes in scale.
- Experience writing software in one or more languages such as Python, Java, Scala, or Go
- Experience building production-grade data solutions (relational and NoSQL)
- Experience with systems monitoring/alerting, capacity planning and performance tuning
- Experience in technical consulting or other customer facing role
- Experience working with Google Cloud data products (CloudSQL, Spanner, Cloud Storage, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Dataproc, Bigtable, BigQuery, Dataprep, Composer, etc)
- Experience with IoT architectures and building real-time data streaming pipelines
- Applied experience operationalizing machine learning models on large datasets
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction -- willingness to teach others and learn new techniques
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem
Required candidate level: Mid level
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make them rave
- Be data-driven
- Be one step ahead
- Be a change agent
- Do the right thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for GCP since 2016 and has been named the 2019 and 2018 Google Cloud Global Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work year after year by the Business Intelligence Group, Inc. Magazine, as well as LA Business Journal!
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 12 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 3000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 25M+ users migrated to the cloud.
Google Cloud Platform
Customer relationship management
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
Apply through this Link
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
At SADA, we climb every mountain, clear every hurdle, and turn the improbable into possible – over and over again. Simply put, we propel your organization forward.
It’s not enough to migrate to the cloud, it’s about what you do once you’re there. Accelerating application development. Advancing productivity and collaboration. Using your data as a competitive edge. When it comes to Google Cloud, we’re not an add-on, we’re a must-have, driving the business performance of our clients with its power.
Beyond our expertise and experience, what sets us apart is our people. It’s the spirit that carried us from scrappy origins as one of the Google Cloud launch partners to an award-winning global partner year after year. With a client list that spans healthcare, media and entertainment, retail, manufacturing, public sector and digital natives – we simply get the job done, every step of the way.
SADA is a leading global provider of business and technology services that empowers people to transform their work, their organizations and the world. Our diverse, inclusive teams have the attitude, experience and approach to solve enterprise clients’ most complex problems and achieve their boldest ambitions. A Google Cloud Premier partner with multiple Specializations, SADA has earned numerous accolades and awards, including the Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year for 2018 and 2019. With a client list that spans healthcare, media and entertainment, retail, manufacturing and public sector, our team of certified experts helps accelerate their digital transformations using the entire Google Cloud portfolio, driving business performance with its power.
More info at www.sada.com.
Staff.am Interview with Hovig Safoian, Founder and Chairman of SADA
"SADA specializes in public cloud computing, particularly Google cloud computing, which includes all the enterprise-level services offered by Google, which by the way are not few. I think the introduction of all these technologies in Armenia will be quite important for Armenian technology companies, as public cloud computing is not so widespread in Armenia, which we are going to change and promote.
We will contribute to the improvement of approaches in the field of education. We will work with large global organizations, we will solve serious problems for those companies, contributing to the modernization of infrastructure, introducing innovations related to cloud technologies, projects. All this will enable Armenian engineers to work with the above-mentioned large global corporations, as well as with the engineering team of SADA's head office, which is the best in its field. And, of course, with Google։ engineers and product teams, taking into account our daily close work with Google."
Hovig Safoian, Founder and Chairman of SADA
You can access the full article here.
SADA is excited to announce the opening of a Global Delivery Center (GDC) in Yerevan, Armenia
The goal of the SADA GDC in Armenia is twofold...
1. To provide additional delivery and support services to companies around the world that are adopting Google Cloud.
2. And to develop the technical capabilities of aspiring IT workers in a region that is rapidly becoming a popular European technology hub.
“SADA’s growth in the cloud market is demanding that we create new offerings to streamline setup and activation of Google Cloud.” -- Tony Safoian, CEO of SADA
Read more about the announcement and how the GDC will also serve as a Tecnical Onboarding Center for all our customers.
Address: 2 Derenik Demirtchyan Street, Yerevan, Armenia