Deadline: 11 June 2022
Employment term: Permanent
Job type: Full time
TUMO is currently seeking architects at various levels of experience, ranging from architectural intern to Project Architects, to join our growing, young and dynamic team based in Yerevan. The projects vary in scale and location from local to international TUMO centres; where you will be working with major international architects.
We seek a design focused architect who has an attention to detail, can create concepts and develop them through to finished details and thrives in a fast paced environment. They will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and administering architectural projects through all phases of development. Successful candidates should enjoy working in a collaborative environment and, where applicable, will lead the design/documentation team and give direction to assigned team members. This role will report to the Head of Construction and requires the successful applicant to be located in Yerevan. They will apply discipline specific technical standards and procedures.
- Create mood boards, concept sketches, 3D visualisations and variants for internal review
- Review documents, drawings and interdisciplinary coordination
- Check the specifications to ensure that they do not conflict with the drawings
- Coordinate work with other disciplines, including outside consultants as applicable
- Coordinate and review shop drawings and submittal data
- Perform interdisciplinary coordination check to minimise deficiencies, errors and omissions in drawings and specifications
- Lead the production of well-organized, finished drawings of good appearance, accuracy, clarity and correctness
- Research suitable products, material and suppliers for inclusion in the project reviewing their technical requirements, pricing and availability
- Establish and maintain budgets, schedules, and monitor adherence of the terms of contract
- Act as the responsible party for the project and liaises with the head contractor (sub-contractors) to direct, control, and monitor all project activities
- Participate in construction inspection to monitor compliance with design intent, construction drawings and specifications. Prepares inspection reports and punch lists
- Provide solutions to site issues, responds to RFI' s and prepares field orders and addenda
- Lead production and archiving of record drawings and specifications
- Assist Design Manager with project closeout
- Successfully multitask and prioritise.
- Successful candidates will have a minimum of 3-5 years on-site experience and a rich (or impressive) design portfolio
- Seeing projects from concept through to delivery with a sound knowledge of construction documentation
- Experience in commercial, educational and hospitality projects would be an advantage
- Architects who have attained registration or are on their pathway to registration would be desirable.
- Proficiency in Armenian
- Knowledgeable in Revit Architecture, AutoCAD, Microsoft Word & Excel or the equivalent in Google suite, Bluebeam, Enscape and/or Sketchup are desirable.
Required candidate level: Not defined
Interested candidates should submit a resume via our career portal by clicking here.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
TUMO, an initiative of Simonian Educational Foundation, is a free of charge after-school learning program for teenagers at the intersection of technology and design. Thousands of students attend TUMO on a regular basis and participate in its innovative, self-paced program. Its educational framework is based on a proprietary platform that promotes learning through interactive game-like levels, exposing users to increasingly challenging activities. TUMO's educational methodology is based on a large set of self-instructional activities that each of the Center's students assembles into a personal learning plan in the areas of animation, game development, web development and filmmaking. To learn more about TUMO Center for Creative Technologies, please visit: www.tumo.org
TUMO Center for Creative Technologies not only offers employees a stimulating environment to work and create; but also some very interesting benefits! Employees are encouraged to enjoy a better work-life balance through flexible working hours. Flexible working hours grants our employees more control over their daily work schedules! We at TUMO care for the wellbeing of our employees, thus offer a medical, vision and dental insurance package as well as various discounts at local fitness facilities and traveler’s insurance packages.We believe in recognizing accomplishments not only in the workplace but also in employee’s personal lives. Thus, TUMO encourages employees to celebrate their birthday by giving them an additional day off to take time off to celebrate their day. In an effort to assist employees who have repatriated to Armenia, TUMO offers new hires the initial work permit for working in the Republic of Armenia and overall repatriation counseling which includes but is not limited to, assistance in opening a bank account; applying for citizenship or residency and so on.
Join us at TUMO!
What is TUMO?
TUMO is a new kind of educational experience at the intersection of technology and design.
At TUMO, teens learn because they want to. They’re given the tools and knowhow they need to reach their maximum potential, and they chart their own learning path through hands-on activities, workshops and projects.
The TUMO learning program is made up of self-learning activities, workshops and project labs around 14 learning targets. Teens combine these into personal learning paths that adapt to their evolving preferences and rate of progress.
TUMO has centers in Yerevan, Dilijan, Gyumri and Stepanakert and work is underway to open centers in Koghb and Masis. TUMO Boxes are already in operation in the towns of Berd and Gavar. A third TUMO Box will open soon in the town of Sevan. Outside of Armenia, there are centers in Paris, Beirut, Moscow, Tirana and Berlin. Centers will soon open in several other cities around the world.