Electrical and Communication Engineer Assistant, Intern (paid)
Deadline: 09 July 2022
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Other IT
Job type: Full time
TUMO Center for Creative Technologies is looking for a motivated Junior Engineer to assist our Low Current Engineering Department. The Junior Engineer will Assist the Department members on all low current systems adjacent to TUMO including (Yerevan, Gyumri, Dilijan, TUMO Boxes) and future centers and carry out preventive maintenance following detailed instructions from their direct supervisor on lighting control systems, access control system, access cards, security cameras, security network system, phone system, irrigation control system, security and signaling systems and other building services and low voltage wiring for adjacent systems. The Junior Engineer will report directly to the Electrical & Communication Engineer. The Candidate must be an undergraduate or graduate in an electrical engineering major.
- Access Control: Provision of access cards, providing access privileges, and maintenance of access control systems boards
- Surveillance System: Maintain security cameras, NVRs, cabling, and connections
- Replacing damaged cameras and fulfilling the requirements of building security teams
- Phone PABX System: Establish, allocate numbers and maintain the PABX phone system, establish phone system permissions, and after-hour call (and voicemail) management
- Maintain call logs
- Lighting: Maintain lighting networks and server system (Dali System), establish lighting timers. Ensure lighting settings are in place for required functions
- Networking: Program, Configure and replace network switches
- Irrigation system: Replace and configure the control system for irrigation
- Carry out other written, oral, or electronic assignments by direct reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate or Graduate Electrical, Electronics, or Communication Engineering degree or Technical Diploma
- Good tech and programming skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to learn fast and propose creative ideas
- Armenian language (spoken & written) is essential. Knowledge of the English language (spoken & written). Knowledge of the Russian language is a plus
- Ability to perform a physical tasks
Required candidate level: Not defined
Interested candidates should submit a resume via our career portal by clicking here
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
TUMO, an initiative of Simonian Educational Foundation, is a free of charge after-school learning program for teenagers at the intersection of technology and design. Thousands of students attend TUMO on a regular basis and participate in its innovative, self-paced program. Its educational framework is based on a proprietary platform that promotes learning through interactive game-like levels, exposing users to increasingly challenging activities. TUMO's educational methodology is based on a large set of self-instructional activities that each of the Center's students assembles into a personal learning plan in the areas of animation, game development, web development and filmmaking. To learn more about TUMO Center for Creative Technologies, please visit: www.tumo.org
TUMO Center for Creative Technologies not only offers employees a stimulating environment to work and create; but also some very interesting benefits! Employees are encouraged to enjoy a better work-life balance through flexible working hours. Flexible working hours grants our employees more control over their daily work schedules! We at TUMO care for the wellbeing of our employees, thus offer a medical, vision and dental insurance package as well as various discounts at local fitness facilities and traveler’s insurance packages.We believe in recognizing accomplishments not only in the workplace but also in employee’s personal lives. Thus, TUMO encourages employees to celebrate their birthday by giving them an additional day off to take time off to celebrate their day. In an effort to assist employees who have repatriated to Armenia, TUMO offers new hires the initial work permit for working in the Republic of Armenia and overall repatriation counseling which includes but is not limited to, assistance in opening a bank account; applying for citizenship or residency and so on.
Join us at TUMO!
What is TUMO?
TUMO is a new kind of educational experience at the intersection of technology and design.
At TUMO, teens learn because they want to. They’re given the tools and knowhow they need to reach their maximum potential, and they chart their own learning path through hands-on activities, workshops and projects.
The TUMO learning program is made up of self-learning activities, workshops and project labs around 14 learning targets. Teens combine these into personal learning paths that adapt to their evolving preferences and rate of progress.
TUMO has centers in Yerevan, Dilijan, Gyumri and Stepanakert and work is underway to open centers in Koghb and Masis. TUMO Boxes are already in operation in the towns of Berd and Gavar. A third TUMO Box will open soon in the town of Sevan. Outside of Armenia, there are centers in Paris, Beirut, Moscow, Tirana and Berlin. Centers will soon open in several other cities around the world.