Graphic Design Workshop Leader
Deadline: 25 March 2021
Employment term: Permanent
Job type: Full time
TUMO Center for Creative Technologies is looking for a Graphic Design specialist to join the Educational Content Development team to lead Graphic Design workshops, create content and design educational material for TUMO’s students across all our centers,working year-round to develop and fine-tune the educational curriculum at TUMO.
- Design and lead Graphic Design workshops for TUMO’s students
- Work in Yerevan but travel to other Tumo locations several times a year for month-long workshops
- Develop students’ skills through designing educational material for student self-learning
- Collect and evaluate students’ results at the completion of every workshop and store them for their portfolios
- Examine students’ self-learning results and provide daily feedback to them
- Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in the specified field
- Experience in education and ability to work with teenagers is a plus
- Experience in branding or app design is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and public speaking ability
- Software knowledge: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD or similar design software
- Language: Armenian (required), English (preferred)
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Ability to maintain deadlines and ensure high productivity
Required candidate level: Not defined
Interested candidates should submit a resume and portfolio via our career portal by clicking here.
*TUMO is an equal opportunity employer who values, supports and thrives on diversity. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need for all individuals; including those with disabilities.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
TUMO, an initiative of Simonian Educational Foundation, is a free of charge after-school learning program for teenagers at the intersection of technology and design. Thousands of students attend TUMO on a regular basis and participate in its innovative, self-paced program. Its educational framework is based on a proprietary platform that promotes learning through interactive game-like levels, exposing users to increasingly challenging activities. TUMO's educational methodology is based on a large set of self-instructional activities that each of the Center's students assembles into a personal learning plan in the areas of animation, game development, web development and filmmaking. To learn more about TUMO Center for Creative Technologies, please visit: www.tumo.org
TUMO Center for Creative Technologies not only offers employees a stimulating environment to work and create; but also some very interesting benefits! Employees are encouraged to enjoy a better work-life balance through flexible working hours. Flexible working hours grants our employees more control over their daily work schedules! We at TUMO care for the wellbeing of our employees, thus offer a medical, vision and dental insurance package as well as various discounts at local fitness facilities and traveler’s insurance packages.We believe in recognizing accomplishments not only in the workplace but also in employee’s personal lives. Thus, TUMO encourages employees to celebrate their birthday by giving them an additional day off to take time off to celebrate their day. In an effort to assist employees who have repatriated to Armenia, TUMO offers new hires the initial work permit for working in the Republic of Armenia and overall repatriation counseling which includes but is not limited to, assistance in opening a bank account; applying for citizenship or residency and so on.
Join us at TUMO!
What is TUMO?
TUMO is a new kind of educational experience at the intersection of technology and design.
At TUMO, teens learn because they want to. They’re given the tools and knowhow they need to reach their maximum potential, and they chart their own learning path through hands-on activities, workshops and projects.
The TUMO learning program is made up of self-learning activities, workshops and project labs around 14 learning targets. Teens combine these into personal learning paths that adapt to their evolving preferences and rate of progress.
There are four TUMO centers in Armenia — Yerevan, Dilijan, Gyumri, and Stepanakert — and two international centers in Beirut and Paris that opened in 2018. More are on the way in Koghb, Masis, and other locations in Armenia and abroad (including but not limited to Moscow and Tirana).