Deadline: 24 January 2021
Employment term: Permanent
Job type: Full time
Employee performs skilled, complex work in the operation, repair, maintenance and installation of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and steam distribution equipment and energy management systems of the Main Building and Paramaz Avedisian building facilities of the American University of Armenia.
- Maintain and repair heating, ventilating, air conditioning equipment and systems to optimize energy use.
- Maintain and repair electrical components of computerized building management system (BMS), air handling units, variable air volume devices and fan coil units in order to operate in auto mode and to optimize energy use.
- Maintain right conditions (mostly natural ventilation) in the buildings achieving best energy efficiency performances.
- Operate a variety of equipment such as hand tools, lap top computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Install, maintain and repair computerized electronic and digital direct control devices related to HVAC and heat control.
- Operate various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments and maintain electronic testing equipment.
- Immediately report to the Chief Energy Specialist on all defects found.
- Read complex blueprints, piping, sketches, schematics and wiring diagrams for performing maintenance and repair.
- Perform brazing, soldering and fabrication of electronic circuits.
- Is responsible for replacement of heating, ventilating, air conditioning system tools and equipment, and if necessary, for ordering spare parts with corresponding parameters in cooperation with the Buyer (present the list of necessary spare parts to the Chief Energy Specialist).
- Working in cooperation with the Engineer/Mechanic and Boiler/Chiller Operators maintain the equipment and filters in normal/operational condition.
- Provide appropriate instructions to the Boiler/Chiller Operators to ensure full functionality during their work shifts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and agreed upon by BMS/HVAC Consultant.
- Undergraduate Degree;
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience;
- AutoCAD and other specialized software programs;
- English (levels 1-4), spreadsheets, databases.
Required candidate level: Not defined
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “HVAC-BMS Technician”. Applications must be received by January 24, 2021 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
The American University of Armenia (AUA) is a private institution of higher learning, offering a global education in Armenia.
AUA is affiliated with the University of California and accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001.
Founded in 1991, AUA provides a high-quality, graduate and undergraduate education that encourages civic engagement and promotes democratic values, fostering scholarship in a setting that values and develops academic excellence, free inquiry, integrity, scholarship, leadership, and service to society.
AUA’s graduate program offers master’s degrees in eight fields of study: Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and Systems Management, Computer and Information Science, Political Science and International Affairs, Economics, Public Health, Law, and Teaching English as a Foreign Language. These programs are intended to develop critical analysis and depth of knowledge through advanced coursework, independent study, and research.
AUA’s undergraduate program offers bachelor’s degrees in English and Communications, Computer Science, and Business. Through its undergraduate courses, the University offers students depth of knowledge for career preparation and further studies as well as breadth and a foundation of general knowledge and skills for life-long learning.
Phone: (060) 694-040