Internal Communications Specialist
Deadline: 11 June 2022
Employment term: Permanent
Job type: Full time
TUMO Center for Creative Technologies is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Internal Communications Specialist to develop a comprehensive internal communications strategy. The Internal Communication Specialist will work within the HR department and partner closely with the Communications/PR/Event department to manage internal channels and build internal alignment and awareness across all employees in all areas.
- Develop a comprehensive internal communications strategy, tools and channels
- Ensure internal communication channels are monitored, user-friendly, regularly updated and accessed by staff
- Create and deliver content about important updates, news, events and changes so that staff is always informed and feels connected to the company
- Create internal surveys upon request and prepare an analysis of the results accordingly
- Adjust internal communication plan when needed and act within a necessary timeline
- Initiate and/or get involved in the planning and organization of staff events, initiatives, meetings, etc.
- Work closely with Communications, HR, Events, Learning Labs and other teams
- Support ideas with research and experience
- Organize key internal initiatives to increase employee engagement
- Work with departments to gather information to develop and create internal content
- Measure and present results of communication efforts, leveraging analytics to optimize efforts and maximize growth opportunities
- Stay informed of events and initiatives across TUMO as well as identify areas where additional internal communications support is needed and proactively find solutions to meet those needs
- All other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong writing skills in Armenian and English
- Experience working well on quick timelines and adapting quickly to change
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
- Excellent creative ability to devise internal communication strategy
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and execute quickly
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms
- Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication
- Highly motivated and able to come up with creative ideas
Required candidate level: Not defined
Interested candidates should submit a resume via our career portal by clicking here.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
TUMO, an initiative of Simonian Educational Foundation, is a free of charge after-school learning program for teenagers at the intersection of technology and design. Thousands of students attend TUMO on a regular basis and participate in its innovative, self-paced program. Its educational framework is based on a proprietary platform that promotes learning through interactive game-like levels, exposing users to increasingly challenging activities. TUMO's educational methodology is based on a large set of self-instructional activities that each of the Center's students assembles into a personal learning plan in the areas of animation, game development, web development and filmmaking. To learn more about TUMO Center for Creative Technologies, please visit: www.tumo.org
TUMO Center for Creative Technologies not only offers employees a stimulating environment to work and create; but also some very interesting benefits! Employees are encouraged to enjoy a better work-life balance through flexible working hours. Flexible working hours grants our employees more control over their daily work schedules! We at TUMO care for the wellbeing of our employees, thus offer a medical, vision and dental insurance package as well as various discounts at local fitness facilities and traveler’s insurance packages.We believe in recognizing accomplishments not only in the workplace but also in employee’s personal lives. Thus, TUMO encourages employees to celebrate their birthday by giving them an additional day off to take time off to celebrate their day. In an effort to assist employees who have repatriated to Armenia, TUMO offers new hires the initial work permit for working in the Republic of Armenia and overall repatriation counseling which includes but is not limited to, assistance in opening a bank account; applying for citizenship or residency and so on.
Join us at TUMO!
What is TUMO?
TUMO is a new kind of educational experience at the intersection of technology and design.
At TUMO, teens learn because they want to. They’re given the tools and knowhow they need to reach their maximum potential, and they chart their own learning path through hands-on activities, workshops and projects.
The TUMO learning program is made up of self-learning activities, workshops and project labs around 14 learning targets. Teens combine these into personal learning paths that adapt to their evolving preferences and rate of progress.
TUMO has centers in Yerevan, Dilijan, Gyumri and Stepanakert and work is underway to open centers in Koghb and Masis. TUMO Boxes are already in operation in the towns of Berd and Gavar. A third TUMO Box will open soon in the town of Sevan. Outside of Armenia, there are centers in Paris, Beirut, Moscow, Tirana and Berlin. Centers will soon open in several other cities around the world.