Java Software Engineer
Deadline: 23 July 2022
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Software development
Job type: Full time
People matter here. Webb Fontaine culture focuses on its employees’ success and happiness. Our team members are identified by their passion and enthusiasm for excellence and innovation. Being a team player is key: we care and support each other.
We welcome a motivated Java Software Engineer to be involved in implementing new applications, adding improvements, etc.
Technical stack: Java, SpringBoot, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Kotlin, Reactive Spring, Elasticsearch, Groovy, Grails
Tools: Git, Bitbucket, Jira, IntelliJ idea, Gradle, Maven
What you will do:
- Design, develop, test, and maintain high-quality scalable web applications and services in the Java ecosystem;
- Participate in project planning sessions;
- Support and maintain applications in a production environment, when necessary;
- Support the junior team to improve their technical skills, provide guidance;
- Share clear messages and make complex ideas easy to understand for team members;
- Give on-time feedback to help the team members to stay on track;
- Keep up with new techs and trends.
What you will bring in:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in software development and depth knowledge of Java;
- Experience in Spring/Spring Boot, knowledge of Groovy/Grails is a plus;
- Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL) and ORM frameworks;
- Good understanding of API, microservice, and integration concepts and technologies, such as REST, JSON, XML, message queues;
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools;
- Familiarity with performance analysis of JVM applications, understanding of threading, concurrency, and problems that can result from concurrent processing;
- Familiarity with containers and logging/monitoring solutions;
- Knowledge of traditional build systems (Gradle, Maven);
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum process and ceremonies;
- Willingness to travel abroad if required;
- Fluency in English.
Benefits you will gain upon joining Webb Fontaine:
- Medical insurance
- Annual performance bonus
- 13th-month salary
- Paid days off
- Continuous Development Program (Certification Programs, Book Clubs, Online Learning Platforms, etc.)
Required candidate level: Mid level
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
Webb Fontaine Armenia stands apart from other IT companies in Armenia by providing the perfect mix of professional development opportunities and a joyful working environment.
Being the largest R&D center of Webb Fontaine Group, our employees are creating something big and new each day for the international trade community. The latest technologies (AI, Kotlin, React, Spring Boot, and more) and methodologies are the cornerstones at Webb Fontaine.
We believe that satisfied employees, that love what they do during most of their day, are the key to business success, that's why we do everything to have the best working atmosphere and conditions for our employees, including exceptional benefits and compensation packages, employee evaluations and development, staff socialization programs, and much more.
Webb Fontaine is the leading provider of solutions for trade facilitation powered by world-class technology including artificial intelligence.
Deployed in several countries worldwide, our solutions include:
- single-window systems for trade,
- paperless customs systems,
- cargo tracking systems (including regional interconnection of customs systems),
- collaborative valuation and classification programmers, and more.
Our research and development centers, the biggest in the trade area, are based in Europe and Asia.
The office in Armenia has begun its operations in 2005, and during the years grew to become the largest R&D center of the international IT giant - Webb Fontaine Group, which has R&D centers in Europe and Asia. We are working with more than 20 Governments worldwide - helping them to simplify customs procedures.
Vision and Mission
At Webb Fontaine, we believe in looking beyond barriers to shape tomorrow’s international trade.
Our mission is to leverage technology to challenge established practices and deliver innovative solutions for trade facilitation.
We build on our unique expertise in trade and customs to help governments, businesses, and economic communities globally rethink and transform the way they conduct trade. We develop high-tech software and services to benefit all trade stakeholders and make their lives easier.
Excellence, Passion and Innovation
Everything we do is guided by our quest for excellence. To us, excellence is not just a word. It’s a frame of mind. We provide best-in-class technology for all areas of international trade facilitation. And while we are proud of it, we are never satisfied: we are always looking to do more and better.
Webb Fontaine Armenia
Trusted by governments globally, Webb Fontaine provides industry wide solutions to accelerate trade development and modernization. The company uses unique technology including AI to enable countries to emerge as leaders in the future of trade. Knowledge transfer is at the core of Webb Fontaine; comprising of a team of experts who work across the board, empowering local communities and governments. As an industry leader with the largest R&D centers in the industry, Webb Fontaine is constantly developing international trade practices connecting countries, borders and people. For more information visit www.webbfontaine.com
Careers at Webb Fontaine
We think that providing nessary tools and perfect working environment help every single person to grow within the company. Check out Tatevik's career path at Webb Fontaine
Address: 6 fl., 2/5 Armenakyan str., Yerevan, Armenia