Java Technical Lead
Deadline: 29 January 2022
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Software development
Job type: Full time
People matter. The Webb Fontaine culture focuses on its employees’ success and happiness ensuring they feel valued across all aspects of their lives. Our team members are identified by their passion and enthusiasm towards excellence and innovation by getting results and developing their skills. Being a team player is key: we care and support each other through integrity and openness.
Webb Fontaine Engineering department consists of both Cross-functional Teams (Technical lead, Product Manager, Scrum Master, Backend/Java/, Frontend/React/ and QA engineers), where engineers are part of a product team; as well as Functional Teams (Test Automation, DevOps engineers) that support the product teams.
We welcome a Java Technical Lead to join our e-payment project and mentor and coach the technical team.
Technical Stack: Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, Keycloak, Postgres, Oracle, Docker, K8S
Tools: Git, Bitbucket, TeamCity, Jira, Sonar
What you will do:
Your typical tasks will include:
1. Team technical coaching, mentorship
- team career growth planning
- team technical training and development
- team hiring
2. Set and maintain high standards for software development full cycle
- define efficiency metrics
- set standards for monitoring, alerting, styling, logging, code review, performance, testing, etc.
3. Implement and improve product architecture design
4. Big picture approach
- Work closely with the Product Manager to define the technology solutions of the product for a long-run
You will also:
- Design, develop, test, and maintain high-quality scalable web applications and services in java ecosystem;
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues;
- Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements;
- Support and maintain applications in a production environment, when necessary;
What you will bring in:
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering or another relevant field;
- 5+ years hands-on experience of software development and depth knowledge of Java;
- Experience in Spring/Spring Boot, knowledge of Groovy/Grails is plus;
- Experience developing mobile applications
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL) and ORM frameworks;
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Kafka streaming
- Solid understanding of API, microservice, and integration concepts and technologies, such as REST, JSON, XML, message queues; day to day tasks
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools;
- Performance analysis of JVM applications, understanding of threading, concurrency and problems that can result from concurrent processing;
- Experience with containers and logging/monitoring solutions, related orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes.
- Experience with GCP, AWS, Azure or any other public cloud platform is a plus
- Knowledge of traditional build systems (Gradle, Maven);
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum process, language and ceremonies; / understand Agile environment
- Willingness to travel abroad if required;
- Fluency in English.
- Experience working in DevOps environment
- Experience with quality assurance and quality control
Benefits you will gain upon joining Webb Fontaine:
- Medical insurance
- Annual performance bonus
- 13th-month salary
- Paid days-off
- Continuous Development Program (Certification Programs, Book Clubs, Online Learning Platforms, etc.)
Required candidate level: Senior
We look forward to meeting you in person to discuss the role in detail and hear about your career goals.
Please, apply for the vacancy by sending your CV to [email protected]
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
Webb Fontaine Armenia stands apart from other IT companies in Armenia by providing the perfect mix of professional development opportunities and a joyful working environment.
Being the largest R&D center of Webb Fontaine Group, our employees are creating something big and new each day for the international trade community. The latest technologies (AI, Kotlin, React, Spring Boot, and more) and methodologies are the cornerstones at Webb Fontaine.
We believe that satisfied employees, that love what they do during most of their day, are the key to business success, that's why we do everything to have the best working atmosphere and conditions for our employees, including exceptional benefits and compensation packages, employee evaluations and development, staff socialization programs, and much more.
Webb Fontaine is the leading provider of solutions for trade facilitation powered by world-class technology including artificial intelligence.
Deployed in several countries worldwide, our solutions include:
- single-window systems for trade,
- paperless customs systems,
- cargo tracking systems (including regional interconnection of customs systems),
- collaborative valuation and classification programmers, and more.
Our research and development centers, the biggest in the trade area, are based in Europe and Asia.
The office in Armenia has begun its operations in 2005, and during the years grew to become the largest R&D center of the international IT giant - Webb Fontaine Group, which has R&D centers in Europe and Asia. We are working with more than 20 Governments worldwide - helping them to simplify customs procedures.
Vision and Mission
At Webb Fontaine, we believe in looking beyond barriers to shape tomorrow’s international trade.
Our mission is to leverage technology to challenge established practices and deliver innovative solutions for trade facilitation.
We build on our unique expertise in trade and customs to help governments, businesses, and economic communities globally rethink and transform the way they conduct trade. We develop high-tech software and services to benefit all trade stakeholders and make their lives easier.
Excellence, Passion and Innovation
Everything we do is guided by our quest for excellence. To us, excellence is not just a word. It’s a frame of mind. We provide best-in-class technology for all areas of international trade facilitation. And while we are proud of it, we are never satisfied: we are always looking to do more and better.
- Medical insurance
- 13th salary
- Performance bonus
- Referral bonus
- “Baby born” package
- Paid day-offs
- Special day-offs
- Business trips within Webb Fontaine Group
- Cultural diversity
- Professional trainings and personal development opportunity
- English lessons
- Sport days
- “Happy Hour” every Friday
- Teambuilding and corporate events
- No shortage of tea, coffee and fruits guaranteed.
Webb Fontaine Armenia
Trusted by governments globally, Webb Fontaine provides industry wide solutions to accelerate trade development and modernization. The company uses unique technology including AI to enable countries to emerge as leaders in the future of trade. Knowledge transfer is at the core of Webb Fontaine; comprising of a team of experts who work across the board, empowering local communities and governments. As an industry leader with the largest R&D centers in the industry, Webb Fontaine is constantly developing international trade practices connecting countries, borders and people. For more information visit www.webbfontaine.com
Team Building activities
We Believe that Team building activities establish a stronger bond between coworkers.
Address: 6 fl., 2/5 Armenakyan str., Yerevan, Armenia