Principal Software Configuration Engineer | Yerevan Branch
Deadline: 17 April 2023
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Hardware Design / Engineering
Job type: Full time
Instigate Semiconductor CJSC recruits Principal Software Configuration Engineer in Yerevan.
As a member of the FPGA Software Development team, the candidate will be responsible to guide and/or develop the software to configure IP blocks in Instigate Semiconductor FPGAs like SERDES, Etherent, PCIe, PLL and Memories (DDR, RAMs and uPROM) involving UI development and Netlist generation. In this role, the candidate would work in Yerevan and collaborate with Software Engineering teams across different geographical locations to understand the requirements from Silicon Architecture specifications, design, code, verify, review and approve verification plans. The candidate must be a team player, possess good communication skills and able to work in a fast-paced challenging environment.
- Read and understand the Silicon Architecture specifications doc
- Guide and/or develop the software to configure IP blocks in Instigate Semiconductor FPGAs like SERDES, Etherent, PCIe, PLL and Memories (DDR, RAMs and uPROM) involving UI development and Netlist generation
- Software development using C++, Qt frameworks and TCL
- Generation of design files (netlist, register settings, timing constraints files) for various hard IP blocks on MCHP FPGAs.
- Should be able to capture the requirements and create Software requirements document.
- Should be able to estimate the efforts and provide the plan for completing the requirements.
- Propose / review test plans
- Work across with multiple teams in accomplishing the tasks.
- Debugging and Bug fixing
- Assist and train Junior engineers
- Bring a self-motivated and enthusiastic approach that will achieve any new requirements and overcome all challenges
- Ability to work independently and to schedule requirements.
- Discipline (BE/BTech/ME/MTech preferred) and 8+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with industrial standard protocols like PCIe, High speed Serial Connectivity Ethernet, SPI, I2C, USB, GPIO, AXI/AHB and Memory architectures DDR/SDRAM/DMA
- Exposure to FPGAs and FPGA software tool chain
- Experience in writing scripts in Tcl/Perl/Python
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are must
- Experience in software development using C++ Programming Language is plus
- Understanding of Verilog, Developing GUI using Qt is plus
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- Good attitude, result driven & ability to deliver on next gen technology
Required candidate level: Not defined
Аpply online via staff.am and follow entire application process.
Conflict resolution skills
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
Instigate Semiconductor was founded in August 2020 as one of the member companies of Instigate Group. With expertise in EDA, Instigate Semiconductor focuses on FPGA development and provides solutions to the market leaders of microcontroller and semiconductor manufacturers.
Instigate Semiconductor CJSC in partnership with the Microchip Technology Inc. company performs activities in EDA sphere, particularly:
- FGPA Design and Development
- Digital Design
- Logical Verification
- Software Development
- Quality Assurance
Our growing team is happy to find new members. Successful candidates are offered with an environment for professional growth and overcoming challenges. Along with all these, the company offers working conditions that meet the market demand.
134/1 Tsarav Aghbyur Str, 0052, Yerevan, Armenia
1 Alex Manoogian Street, Gyumri, Armenia
11/4 Vardanants Street, Vanadzor, Armenia
4/25 Valans Street, Ijevan, Armenia.
Address: 134 Tsarav Aghbyur St, Yerevan, Armenia