Learning Coach in Yerevan
Deadline: 03 June 2021
Employment term: Permanent
Job type: Full time
The TUMO Center for Creative Technologies is seeking highly motivated, dynamic and tech-savvy professionals who are comfortable experimenting with new technologies to start a career as Learning Coaches in Yerevan TUMO Center for Creative Technologies.
Based on the established coaching model the Learning Coaches will work directly with TUMO students to:
- Support their learning process
- Assist them in the design of their personal learning plans
- Offer guidance toward the completion of learning activities
- Provide encouragement and motivation toward harnessing the potential of technologies and self-learning
- Assist in worksհop and project coordination in various technology related areas
- Track student attendance and provide feedback regarding student development, take measures to engage and provide technical inspiration to reluctant students
- Convey a positive and professional image to students
- Promote learning in a collaborative and energized mode
- The Learning Coaches will also provide feedback to TUMO’s content evaluators in the development of new learning activities and the fine-tuning of existing activities
- Excellent people skills and facility in working with teenagers
- Familiarity with and ability to learn technical concepts and tools relevant to at least one of the Tumo focus areas of animation, game development, web development and filmmaking
- Multifaceted aptitudes in technical areas such as graphic design or programming, and artistic skills such as drawing or writing
- Willingness to develop higher order skills such as creativity, analytical thinking and initiative taking, as well as organizational capabilities such as teamwork, communication and research skills
- Experience on the web and in the use of online resources and tools is a plus
- Undergraduate or graduate education in a recognized university
- Excellent communication skills, including written communication, personal interaction, and public presentation in Armenian, knowledge of English is a plus
Required candidate level: Not defined
Interested candidates should submit a resume via our career portal by clicking here.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
TUMO, an initiative of Simonian Educational Foundation, is a free of charge after-school learning program for teenagers at the intersection of technology and design. Thousands of students attend TUMO on a regular basis and participate in its innovative, self-paced program. Its educational framework is based on a proprietary platform that promotes learning through interactive game-like levels, exposing users to increasingly challenging activities. TUMO's educational methodology is based on a large set of self-instructional activities that each of the Center's students assembles into a personal learning plan in the areas of animation, game development, web development and filmmaking. To learn more about TUMO Center for Creative Technologies, please visit: www.tumo.org
TUMO Center for Creative Technologies not only offers employees a stimulating environment to work and create; but also some very interesting benefits! Employees are encouraged to enjoy a better work-life balance through flexible working hours. Flexible working hours grants our employees more control over their daily work schedules! We at TUMO care for the wellbeing of our employees, thus offer a medical, vision and dental insurance package as well as various discounts at local fitness facilities and traveler’s insurance packages.We believe in recognizing accomplishments not only in the workplace but also in employee’s personal lives. Thus, TUMO encourages employees to celebrate their birthday by giving them an additional day off to take time off to celebrate their day. In an effort to assist employees who have repatriated to Armenia, TUMO offers new hires the initial work permit for working in the Republic of Armenia and overall repatriation counseling which includes but is not limited to, assistance in opening a bank account; applying for citizenship or residency and so on.
Join us at TUMO!
What is TUMO?
TUMO is a new kind of educational experience at the intersection of technology and design.
At TUMO, teens learn because they want to. They’re given the tools and knowhow they need to reach their maximum potential, and they chart their own learning path through hands-on activities, workshops and projects.
The TUMO learning program is made up of self-learning activities, workshops and project labs around 14 learning targets. Teens combine these into personal learning paths that adapt to their evolving preferences and rate of progress.
TUMO has centers in Yerevan, Dilijan, Gyumri and Stepanakert and work is underway to open centers in Koghb and Masis. TUMO Boxes are already in operation in the towns of Berd and Gavar. A third TUMO Box will open soon in the town of Sevan. Outside of Armenia, there are centers in Paris, Beirut, Moscow, Tirana and Berlin. Centers will soon open in several other cities around the world.