Deadline: 20 December 2020
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Other IT
Job type: Full time
We are looking for a Linux administrator who will be responsible for installation, configuration, and maintainance of Linux operating systems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating system's servers, hardware, applications, and software, monitors systems performance and ensures compliance with security standards, collaborates with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Install and set up Linux systems and servers, maintaining a 24x7 uptime service. Develop servers and work with IT team members to ensure that the system works reliably and quickly. Set up the architecture of the systems, engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs, including back-end databases and scripts for specific applications and use cases.
- Perform routine system maintenance and resolve server-side issues as they arise. Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments. Be able to review error logs and reported errors and seek out solutions. Work with the system’s source code to make necessary changes to ensure reliable performance and then deploy those changes throughout the system. Proactively monitor system performance and make capacity planning.
- Conduct system backups according to company or industry standards, improving system recovery after a crash or other outage and support data integrity.
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools, monitor system performance to prevent slowdowns and crashes. Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, and hot fixes on managed servers. By noticing potential issues or recurring problems within the system, be able to develop and deploy solutions, create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks.
- Provide technical support and guidance to team members and other administrators. Be able to work closely with developers, to answer technical questions or resolve issues with server-side performance. Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Maintain systems security by actively identifying faults and vulnerable areas within the system’s architecture. Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment.
- Minimum five years of related work experience
- Strong background in Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.) server setup, deployment, and maintenance.
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environmentsHands on experience with MySQL and/or MariaDBFamiliarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages, Shell,
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc.
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantageAbility to build and monitor services on production servers
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
Required candidate level: Senior
Interested candidates who meet the requirements above and are confident that their background and experience qualify them for the position, are welcome to send their CV to: [email protected] , mentioning the position title ("Linux Administrator") in the subject line of the email.
Linux system administration
Ability to work independently
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
Since entering the Armenian telecom market in 2009, Ucom has provided Armenian customer with high-quality services, using the most advanced technology.
Our key objective has always been to ensure accessibility of the latest innovative solutions of the field to our customers. We were the first to introduce the FTTH (Fiber to the Home) solution to the Armenian consumer, which ensures provision of high-quality IPTV, broadband internet and digital phone services.
Recognizing the potential of the Armenian telecommunication market, we were able to not only achieve a stable position on the Armenian broadband internet market in a short period of time, but have also become the largest wholesale operator in Armenia, thanks to own fiber-optic link connecting Armenia and Georgia. This enabled the company to provide transit internet services to Near East countries, thus ensuring the importance of Armenian telecommunication market in the region.
Catching up with the trends of global telecommunication market, in 2013 the company received a license for provision of public mobile broadband internet services, and in 2015 acquired 100% shares of Orange Armenia, thus expanding its operation to the Armenian mobile market. This expansion prepared basis for implementation of the fastest 4G+ network in Armenia, which meets the best international standards, as well as replenish company’s convergent services, with “4 in 1” package, providing customers with the access to a full range of IPTV, fixed and mobile voice and internet services.
Apart from bringing new technology and innovation to the country, Ucom has as well been active in Corporate Social Responsibility domain, implementing a number of development projects, in particular aimed at supporting education and children development. Opening computer and engineering laboratories in schools all around the country, the company contributes to the development of ICT field in Armenia. The company supports as well the vulnerable social groups, continuing to implement “Let’s keep children home” SMS charity project, in the frame of which families are provided with means to ensure stable income and bring home their children from state caring institutions, as well as “Light to Armenian eyes” program, which provides free of charge quality ophthalmological service to inhabitants of regions.
Being an Armenian company, Ucom has always attached importance to concepts of corporate responsibility and philanthropy, having its contribution to development of different domains of our country.
Continuing our work and mission, as well as attributing importance to and maintaining the activity developed by Orange Foundation, we founded Ucom Foundation in 2016, as a key structure implementing charity and philanthropy projects of Ucom CJSC .
Our mission is to help vulnerable groups of our society, to improve people’s life by creating stable income sources for them, to unite families, to contribute to formation of a stable and safe society, to educate healthy and developed generation and create further development opportunities.
Ինչպես գտնել աշխատանք 1 click-ով. Ucom Մարդկային ռեսուրսների և կազմակերպության զարգացման տնօրեն Անի Փեթրոյանը staff.am նոր գործիքակազմի մասին
Ucom ընկերության Մարդկային ռեսուրսների և կազմակերպության զարգացման տնօրեն Անի Փեթրոյանը ներկայացնում է՝ ինչպես ենք կիրառում staff.am օնլայն դիմումների կառավարման նոր գործիքակազմը լավագույն մասնագետների հավաքագրման համար։
Address: Yerevan Plaza Business Center, Yerevan, Armenia