Researcher for Eutrophication Analysis
Deadline: 06 November 2020
Employment term: Temporary
Job type: Fixed term contract
Project name: Copernicus assisted environmental monitoring across the Black Sea Basin (PONTOS)
Contract type: Employment
Duration: October 30, 2022
For more information about the project please visit: https://ace.aua.am/pontos/
- Assess the dynamics of chlorophyll concentration as an indicator of water eutrophication to operatively monitor nutrient pollution in lake Sevan for the period 2009-2021;
- Use the PONTOS platform and it’s tools to assess the other eutrophication incidents for 2009-2021 (frequency and magnitude), and their relation to land-based nutrient fluxes;
- Conduct/participate in the pilot site visits to collect data;
- Prepare the report on “Integrated assessment on chlorophyll concentration and eutrophication dynamics” based on the provided outline (D.T1.2.5);
- Prepare teaching materials for the First set of training session on Earth Observation (EO), advances in EO services in environmental monitoring, and the Copernicus program (D.T2.1.2);
- Deliver a 3-days long training session including two days class training and one day hands-on training in the field for young scientists and practitioners (D.T2.1.2);
- Participate in the Second set of Training Session on Earth Observation and Environmental Monitoring (D.T2.1.3);
- Take part in developing the online training modules (D.T2.1.4);
- Prepare a report about the knowledge gap analysis and training strategy setup after the brainstorming event. (D.T2.2.2);
- Participate in the project meetings and events, such as working group meetings, workshops, local events, etc. (D.C.2.1, D.C.2.2, D.C.2.3, D.C.2.4, D.C.2.5).
- Expertise in Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
- Experience in handling and processing time-series geospatial datasets;
- Practical experience in Eutrophication Analysis;
- Experience in ground truthing work;
- Experience in teaching and delivering the training sessions;
- PhD or MSc degree in Geoinformatics, Geography or similar field with a strong focus on Remote Sensing;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language and demonstrated scientific writing skills;
- Excellent organisational skills.
Required candidate level: Not defined
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution
Ability to work independently
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
The American University of Armenia (AUA) is a private institution of higher learning, offering a global education in Armenia.
AUA is affiliated with the University of California and accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001.
Founded in 1991, AUA provides a high-quality, graduate and undergraduate education that encourages civic engagement and promotes democratic values, fostering scholarship in a setting that values and develops academic excellence, free inquiry, integrity, scholarship, leadership, and service to society.
AUA’s graduate program offers master’s degrees in eight fields of study: Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and Systems Management, Computer and Information Science, Political Science and International Affairs, Economics, Public Health, Law, and Teaching English as a Foreign Language. These programs are intended to develop critical analysis and depth of knowledge through advanced coursework, independent study, and research.
AUA’s undergraduate program offers bachelor’s degrees in English and Communications, Computer Science, and Business. Through its undergraduate courses, the University offers students depth of knowledge for career preparation and further studies as well as breadth and a foundation of general knowledge and skills for life-long learning.
Phone: (060) 694-040