Revenue Recognition Analyst
Deadline: 08 November 2021
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Finance Management
Job type: Full time
As a Revenue Recognition Analyst at SADA GDC, you will be joining the dynamic Revenue Operations team and will play a key role in SADA’s revenue recognition management, monthly revenue close, account reconciliations, audit, and revenue disclosures & reporting. The ideal candidate must be able to interpret, present, and explain complex accounting analysis & issues to various internal business partners and external auditors. This is a critical role in our growing Finance team and requires an exceptional performer. The successful candidate will be able to learn new processes quickly, adapt to ever-changing priorities, communicate effectively, and work collaboratively across multiple functions with a special focus on system improvements and process transformations.
This role is best suited for someone who is cool under pressure, highly organized, process-driven, and a critical thinker. This role will be supporting SADA's US based Finance team reporting to the Sr. Director, Revenue Operations.
- Actively contribute to the end-to-end revenue recognition function, including the month-end and quarter-end revenue close processes with review and approval of account adjusting entries and monthly reconciliations, and related reporting and disclosures
- Review revenue arrangements in NetSuite to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards (ASC 606 under US GAAP)
- Review fair value analyses for arrangements with multiple performance obligations
- Apply judgement to the application of complex revenue recognition rules on diverse sales arrangement with multiple performance obligations
- Partner with SalesOps, Billing Ops, Accounting, FP&A, Legal and Sales teams to review and address various inquiries/issues related to revenue recognition
- Assist with the development and implementation of new accounting policies. Maintain revenue accounting policies and memos.
- Maintain comprehensive view of Order-to-Cash process working cross functionally to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Contribute and manage monthly revenue close activities, including preparation of revenue and deferred revenue related journal entries and applicable reconciliations
- Work with Professional Services team to prepare corresponding journal entries and reconciliations of fixed fee projects and other services revenue
- Partner with the FP&A team to manage revenue forecasting, budgeting process, and explanation of revenue variances
- Partner with the Business Systems team to manage the end-to-end process of identifying and resolving system related revenue recognition issues, including testing proposed solutions and validating the expected outcomes. Continuously improve the automation of the revenue recognition processes and system efficiencies.
- Support the leadership team by preparing revenue analytics and revenue related management reporting on an ongoing basis
- Support quarterly and annual financial audit processes, including preparation of revenue schedules and provision of supporting documents to the external auditors
- Manage ad hoc reporting, analysis, or other projects, as needed
- BA/BS degree or equivalent degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Statistics or related quantitative field
- 3-5 years of progressive work experience
- Understanding of spreadsheets and statistical methods for examining data, and proficiency with the advance features of Excel (Power User)/Advanced Excel skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Energetic, personable, and comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Independent and self-motivated, yet willing to work within a team environment
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment
- Not afraid to work fast and ask lots of questions
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- English language proficiency
- Master’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of revenue recognition experience in a SaaS/software company industry
- Strong technical knowledge and thorough understanding of revenue recognition rules
- Experience in the application ASC 606 and/or IFRS-15 and a working knowledge of all other current authoritative literature related to revenue accounting
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities in a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn
- Experience with period-end close process, reporting in financial statements, and interfacing with external auditors
- Experience managing projects and coordinating cross-functional efforts
- Additional experience in a technology group and/or a high growth company
- Public accounting experience with a Big 4 and/or technology industry experience
- Knowledge of ERP system functionality; Oracle Financials/NetSuite knowledge
Required candidate level: Not defined
Pathway to Success
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a fast growing practice with vision and passion. Moreover, success will come from showcasing our core values in action.
#BeOneStepAhead: The candidate will be working with large volumes and varied types of orders and quotes on a daily basis and will always need to be thinking ahead in order to manage the details effectively and thrive in a changing environment.
Customer Facing - You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly.
Training - Ongoing with first-week orientation followed by a 90-day onboarding schedule. Details of the timeline can be shared.
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make them rave
- Be data-driven
- Be one step ahead
- Be a change agent
- Do the right thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for GCP since 2016 and has been named the 2019 and 2018 Google Cloud Global Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work by Inc. as well as LA Business Journal!
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 12 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 3000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 25M+ users migrated to the cloud.
Advanced English knowledge
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
Please apply through this link.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
At SADA, we climb every mountain, clear every hurdle, and turn the improbable into possible – over and over again. Simply put, we propel your organization forward.
It’s not enough to migrate to the cloud, it’s about what you do once you’re there. Accelerating application development. Advancing productivity and collaboration. Using your data as a competitive edge. When it comes to Google Cloud, we’re not an add-on, we’re a must-have, driving the business performance of our clients with its power.
Beyond our expertise and experience, what sets us apart is our people. It’s the spirit that carried us from scrappy origins as one of the Google Cloud launch partners to an award-winning global partner year after year. With a client list that spans healthcare, media and entertainment, retail, manufacturing, public sector and digital natives – we simply get the job done, every step of the way.
SADA is a leading global provider of business and technology services that empowers people to transform their work, their organizations and the world. Our diverse, inclusive teams have the attitude, experience and approach to solve enterprise clients’ most complex problems and achieve their boldest ambitions. A Google Cloud Premier partner with multiple Specializations, SADA has earned numerous accolades and awards, including the Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year for 2018 and 2019. With a client list that spans healthcare, media and entertainment, retail, manufacturing and public sector, our team of certified experts helps accelerate their digital transformations using the entire Google Cloud portfolio, driving business performance with its power.
More info at www.sada.com.
Staff.am Interview with Hovig Safoian, Founder and Chairman of SADA
"SADA specializes in public cloud computing, particularly Google cloud computing, which includes all the enterprise-level services offered by Google, which by the way are not few. I think the introduction of all these technologies in Armenia will be quite important for Armenian technology companies, as public cloud computing is not so widespread in Armenia, which we are going to change and promote.
We will contribute to the improvement of approaches in the field of education. We will work with large global organizations, we will solve serious problems for those companies, contributing to the modernization of infrastructure, introducing innovations related to cloud technologies, projects. All this will enable Armenian engineers to work with the above-mentioned large global corporations, as well as with the engineering team of SADA's head office, which is the best in its field. And, of course, with Google։ engineers and product teams, taking into account our daily close work with Google."
Hovig Safoian, Founder and Chairman of SADA
You can access the full article here.
SADA is excited to announce the opening of a Global Delivery Center (GDC) in Yerevan, Armenia
The goal of the SADA GDC in Armenia is twofold...
1. To provide additional delivery and support services to companies around the world that are adopting Google Cloud.
2. And to develop the technical capabilities of aspiring IT workers in a region that is rapidly becoming a popular European technology hub.
“SADA’s growth in the cloud market is demanding that we create new offerings to streamline setup and activation of Google Cloud.” -- Tony Safoian, CEO of SADA
Read more about the announcement and how the GDC will also serve as a Tecnical Onboarding Center for all our customers.
Address: 2 Derenik Demirtchyan Street, Yerevan, Armenia