Senior Android Engineer
Deadline: 01 March 2021
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Software development
Job type: Full time
We are looking for passionate Android developers to join our team. You will work with talented engineers who work hard to improve peer coders’ life with our applications.
As an Android Developer at SoloLearn, you’ll have an opportunity to work on innovative mobile projects on a global scale. The team of talented people you would work with is small and agile, who are proud of what they have built, yet eager to keep improving it for our customers.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated self-learner who cares for our customers' happiness, the quality of the app and the service, as well as the quality of the code. You will have a say in discussions on what our customers really want to achieve, product design, architecture, and development timelines.
You will work with a staff where everyone is free to express himself, to share opinions and make changes. As a member of the SoloLearn team, you will have the opportunity to use our benefits package. We do everything to keep our team happy.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable and reliable Kotlin/Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the application.
- Cooperating with the back-end developer in the process of building the RESTful API.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- 3+ years of experience developing apps for the Android platform.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK.
- Knowledge and experience in Kotlin
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks (Arch components, Retrofit, Okhttp, Room, Firebase).
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and their time complexity.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Up-to-date with the latest Android trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Fluency in English.
- Please share links to applications on which you have worked.
Required candidate level: Senior
Please, send your CV to [email protected]
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
SoloLearn is a US-Armenian company founded in 2014. It is the largest mobile social platform for coders around the globe to consume, create, and share programming content. You will work with talented engineers who work hard to change peer coders’ life with our mobile applications.
You’ll have an opportunity to work on innovative mobile projects on a global scale. Our team is small and agile, bright people, who are proud of what they've built, yet eager to keep improving it for our customers.
Our team members are self-motivated, self-learners who care for our customers' happiness, the quality of the app and the service, as well as the quality of the code.
What we offer:
Opportunity to work on a world-class product used by millions of people every month;
Highly challenging and fun working environment;
Fast-paced professional growth opportunities;
Great office space and flexible working hours;
A great benefit package
You can find more information about our team here:
Address: Leo 1, Yerevan, Armenia