Senior DevOps Engineer
Deadline: 23 July 2022
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Other IT
Job type: Full time
IDT is an IT consulting and software development company in the field of financial services. We focus on business automatization and digitization processes of banking, payments, asset & wealth management, risk & compliance. Profound knowledge of signal processing, image recognition, and artificial intelligence is the key to help improve enterprise performance and simplify administrative processes in the financial cycles of our clients.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who loves to solve complex problems, eliminate bottlenecks, and promote flow, work closely with multiple development teams to identify and automate daily and on-demand processes. You will have a significant impact in enabling the teams’ autonomy and managing risk, as well as creating a feedback loop through monitoring.
Initial challenges you will be given are around the continuous delivery pipeline, building more efficient build and test processes, and working on setting up proper monitoring.
- Design, develop and support automated CI/CD pipelines for in-house developed and vendor-provided software;
- Management of deployment and configuration of solutions for process automation;
- Verification, selection, deployment, and support of third-party tools for use in pipelines;
- Debugging and managing complex CI/CD problems;
- Coordinating release activities with stakeholders to ensure smooth releases;
- System monitoring and disaster recovery; providing system support, including monitoring and responding to alerts for instances deployed in various environments;
- Compliance with best practices in the field of high availability architecture, network administration, and cybersecurity;
- Documentation of processes and control of performance metrics;
- As a member of the product development team, the candidate owns and automates CI/CD pipelines across all environments; working in a collaborative environment, he will work closely with developers to review, analyze and recommend solutions and tools to improve the software development process;
- Collaborate with infrastructure, operational, and product teams to meet best practice standards, work on initial implementations, and coach teams on successful DevOps;
- Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to support team members with different levels of experience, training, and mentoring colleagues in the best available industry practices;
- MS or bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related fields;
- 5+ years of extensive experience in DevOps engineering, Development/Operational team management, and collaboration;
- Strong scripting capabilities: Python/Perl, Bash(preferred);
- Experience with CI/CD platforms/tools, such as GitLab CI, Bamboo, CircleCI, Jenkins, or similar technologies required;
- Broad knowledge of deployment strategies (like blue/green, canary deployments, etc.)
- Experience in Linux/Windows Server configuration and administration;
- Strong knowledge of networking and DNS concepts;
- Hands-on experience designing, creating, and maintaining distributed systems and containerization platforms such as Microservices, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, or similar technologies required;
- Experience with programming languages and technologies such as C#/Java, Relational Databases + SQL/NoSQL, ASP.Net MVC, Web API, IIS, etc.;
- Prior experience implementing code/artifact control tools, such as Git and Azure DevOps;
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics;
- Advanced knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity is a plus;
- Experience with operational CM/provisioning tools, e.g., Ansible, CHEF, Terraform, or Puppet;
- Integration experience with third-party/open-source system monitoring tools. e.g., Nagios, New Relic, Splunk;
- Senior-level technical consulting experience, including experience interfacing with both internal and external stakeholders;
- People leadership experience; including mentoring, coaching, and building high performing Engineering teams;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum/XP environment preferred;
- Attention to detail.
Required candidate level: Senior
Please submit your CV/Resume in English to: [email protected]
Please indicate "Senior DevOps Engineer" in the subject line of the e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ability to work under pressure
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
IDT is an IT consulting and software development company in the field of financial services. Our team members have more than 10 years of experience in the field of design, development and deployment of software for Financial Institutions.
We focus on business automatization and digitization processes of:
- asset and wealth management
- risk & compliance.
We also provide consulting and outsourcing solutions.
Our on-going mission is to approach each client creatively and provide solutions to facilitate their day-to-day financial operations. Profound knowledge of signal processing, image recognition and artificial intelligence is the key to help improve enterprise performance and simplify administrative processes in the financial cycles of our clients. We already have a team of 25+ brilliant and talented experts who are based in Yerevan and can be reached out for consulting or further cooperation.
Phone: (011) 590-590
Address: 1/12 Nansen Street, 0056, Yerevan, Armenia