Senior Java Software Engineer
Deadline: 29 January 2022
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Software development
Job type: Full time
People matter. The Webb Fontaine culture focuses on its employees’ success and happiness ensuring they feel valued across the organization. Our team members are identified by their passion and enthusiasm towards excellence and innovation by getting results and developing their skills. Being a team player is key: we care and support each other through integrity and openness.
Webb Fontaine Engineering department consists of both Cross-functional Teams (Technical lead, Product Manager, Scrum Master, Backend/Java/, Frontend/React/ and QA engineers), where engineers are part of a product team; as well as Functional Teams (Test Automation, DevOps engineers) that support the product teams. Our backend engineers work as part of a product development team, as well as cooperate with each other to improve the overall processes and approaches to back-end development in the company.
We welcome a motivated Senior Java Software Engineer to be involved in implementing new applications, adding improvements and new functionality in existing applications, fixing bugs, analyzing problems, and offering solutions.
Technical stack: Java, SpringBoot, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Kotlin, Spring React, Elasticsearch, Groovy, Grails
Tools: Git, Bitbucket, Jira, IntelliJ idea, Gradle, Maven
What you will do:
1. Develop new applications, as well as rewrite the old applications. Currently, we expand our Products and you will be a part of one of our Product teams and develop new parts of the product and suggest improvements to the existing ones. We also modernize our technologies and a part of your tasks will be rewriting the products based on old technologies (Grails) into modern web applications (SpringBoot). We expect you to bring:
- ownership and responsibility: this means you are to carry full responsibility for the tasks assigned to you by taking them from scratch to completion. Staying consistent and responsible are key values here.
- learning skills: we love learning together and keep up with new techs and trends and expect you to share the approach of constant learning with us.
2. Teamwork: the work includes a lot of cross-team collaboration. You will cooperate with QAs, Frontend Developers, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, Product Managers and Tech Leads. We expect you to be good at:
- communication: you will work with both technical and non-technical people. You are to be able to deliver the technical information efficiently, and also have persuasive skills to convince others that your suggestions are correct and necessary. English is required, as we also have teams in the Philippines, Ukraine, France, and many more.
- support: at Webb Fontaine, we are always there helping each other achieve success, show solidarity, and understanding.
3. Team mentorship and coaching: we need someone to support the team to improve their technical skills, so we expect you to provide guidance to team members, answer their questions and help in learning new technologies and grow.
- leadership: you are to share clear messages and make complex ideas easy to understand for team members and inspire the team to go beyond.
- giving feedback: we invest a lot in our employees’ development and we expect our team members to support the company in this. Giving on-time feedback to help the team members to stay on track is typical work for this position.
What you will bring in:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience of software development and depth knowledge of Java;
- Experience in Spring/Spring Boot, knowledge of Groovy/Grails is a plus;
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL) and ORM frameworks;
- Solid understanding of API, microservice, and integration concepts and technologies, such as REST, JSON, XML, message queues;
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools;
- Performance analysis of JVM applications, understanding of threading, concurrency, and problems that can result from concurrent processing;
- Familiarity with containers and logging/monitoring solutions;
- Experience with GCP, AWS, Azure, or any other public cloud platform is a plus;
- Knowledge of traditional build systems (Gradle, Maven);
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum process and ceremonies;
- Willingness to travel abroad if required;
- Fluency in English.
Benefits you will gain upon joining Webb Fontaine:
- Medical insurance
- Annual performance bonus
- 13th-month salary
- Paid days off
- Continuous Development Program (Certification Programs, Book Clubs, Online Learning Platforms, etc.)
Required candidate level: Senior
We look forward to meeting you in person to discuss the role in detail and hear about your career goals.
Please, apply for the vacancy by sending your CV to [email protected]
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
Webb Fontaine Armenia stands apart from other IT companies in Armenia by providing the perfect mix of professional development opportunities and a joyful working environment.
Being the largest R&D center of Webb Fontaine Group, our employees are creating something big and new each day for the international trade community. The latest technologies (AI, Kotlin, React, Spring Boot, and more) and methodologies are the cornerstones at Webb Fontaine.
We believe that satisfied employees, that love what they do during most of their day, are the key to business success, that's why we do everything to have the best working atmosphere and conditions for our employees, including exceptional benefits and compensation packages, employee evaluations and development, staff socialization programs, and much more.
Webb Fontaine is the leading provider of solutions for trade facilitation powered by world-class technology including artificial intelligence.
Deployed in several countries worldwide, our solutions include:
- single-window systems for trade,
- paperless customs systems,
- cargo tracking systems (including regional interconnection of customs systems),
- collaborative valuation and classification programmers, and more.
Our research and development centers, the biggest in the trade area, are based in Europe and Asia.
The office in Armenia has begun its operations in 2005, and during the years grew to become the largest R&D center of the international IT giant - Webb Fontaine Group, which has R&D centers in Europe and Asia. We are working with more than 20 Governments worldwide - helping them to simplify customs procedures.
Vision and Mission
At Webb Fontaine, we believe in looking beyond barriers to shape tomorrow’s international trade.
Our mission is to leverage technology to challenge established practices and deliver innovative solutions for trade facilitation.
We build on our unique expertise in trade and customs to help governments, businesses, and economic communities globally rethink and transform the way they conduct trade. We develop high-tech software and services to benefit all trade stakeholders and make their lives easier.
Excellence, Passion and Innovation
Everything we do is guided by our quest for excellence. To us, excellence is not just a word. It’s a frame of mind. We provide best-in-class technology for all areas of international trade facilitation. And while we are proud of it, we are never satisfied: we are always looking to do more and better.
- Medical insurance
- 13th salary
- Performance bonus
- Referral bonus
- “Baby born” package
- Paid day-offs
- Special day-offs
- Business trips within Webb Fontaine Group
- Cultural diversity
- Professional trainings and personal development opportunity
- English lessons
- Sport days
- “Happy Hour” every Friday
- Teambuilding and corporate events
- No shortage of tea, coffee and fruits guaranteed.
Webb Fontaine Armenia
Trusted by governments globally, Webb Fontaine provides industry wide solutions to accelerate trade development and modernization. The company uses unique technology including AI to enable countries to emerge as leaders in the future of trade. Knowledge transfer is at the core of Webb Fontaine; comprising of a team of experts who work across the board, empowering local communities and governments. As an industry leader with the largest R&D centers in the industry, Webb Fontaine is constantly developing international trade practices connecting countries, borders and people. For more information visit www.webbfontaine.com
Team Building activities
We Believe that Team building activities establish a stronger bond between coworkers.
Address: 6 fl., 2/5 Armenakyan str., Yerevan, Armenia