Senior Software Development Engineer
Deadline: 23 July 2022
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Software development
Job type: Full time
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are more than just a coder. In addition to your software engineering responsibilities, you are also expected to guide a small to medium-sized team to deliver in a product area by helping identify dependencies and risks for the group, being a planning consultant to the project managers, recommending improvements to our engineering practices and helping other engineers become more proficient in solving specific problems.
What you'll do
- Participate in all aspects of the SDLC, including design, development, code review, testing, bug fixing, and code/API documentation.
- Build new features using our development technologies that will delight and inspire marketers, IT professionals, and other knowledge workers worldwide.
- Build engineering designs that address sophisticated problems and perform at a mass scale when thousands upon thousands of people are using it at the same time.
- Debate the efficient design and ideal user experience for a variety of unrealized features identified by our Product friends. Or propose some ideas of your own!
- Lead technical discussions about what emerging tools, technologies and processes are coming that may impact how we improve our products and our SaaS platform in the future.
- Provide your well-considered opinions on the creation and modification of our technology roadmaps.
What you need to succeed
- 5-7 years of programming experience with 3+ years of recent experience in Java/Spring.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of Database basics such as joins, constraints, stored procedures, triggers, and schema design.
- Attest that you can take a problem and represent it in an Object-Oriented Design while calling out assumptions, discussing design alternatives and considering non-functional requirements of the system (e.g. Performance, Maintainability, etc.).
- Demonstrate a high level of ownership for the entire SDLC; including design, build, validation, deployment, and support of production systems.
- Experience in optimizing software to run fast, be reliable and fail safely. O(n) analysis should not be new to you.
- Design features that require coordination of multiple threads using various communication/coordination mechanisms.
- Have a story to tell about how you have used threads, mutexes, semaphores, critical sections, or debugged sophisticated issues in a distributed environment.
- Knowledge of the other technologies in use at Workfront (Docker, Kubernetes, NoSQL, Kafka, ElasticSearch, AWS, GCP, etc.) will be encouraged.
- Good knowledge of English and Armenian
Required candidate level: Senior
Advanced English knowledge
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
Follow the link to Apply for this job!
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
Together, Adobe and Workfront provide companies a single system to support planning, collaboration, and governance to unlock organizational productivity and create exceptional experiences. Workfront helps people do their best work so companies can thrive in a digital world. Workfront is built for people, effortlessly connecting teams and easily integrating into existing applications and systems. The ability to see, measure, and analyze critical factors such as resources, outcomes, and priorities keeps everyone on the same page, with a clear understanding of why their work matters.
Who we are
Adobe is all about changing the world through digital experiences. We believe that great experiences have the power to inspire, transform, and move the world forward. And every great experience starts with creativity.
Our values define who we are:
Genuine - We are sincere, trustworthy, and reliable.
Exceptional - We are committed to creating exceptional experiences that delight our employees and customers.
Innovative - We are highly creative and always striving to connect new ideas with business realities.
Involved - We are inclusive, open, and actively engaged with our customers, partners, employees, and the communities we serve.
Learn more about Adobe culture and our employees by visiting Adobe Life Blog.
You are wondering why to choose Adobe?
At Adobe you will have meaningful work, constant learning, brilliant people to work with, and a community guided by core values that promote quality, creativity, and opportunity in everything we do. Our market-leading products and services create incredible experiences for our customers. And our career opportunities, benefits, and culture create amazing experiences for you. Join a diverse community of smart, passionate colleagues at the top of their game. Take pride in a culture that promotes sustainability and giving back to the community.
Adobe invests in developing your talents with training and mentorship, and we challenge you with engaging work that ensures you can make an impact and build your skills. We are also committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach, where ongoing feedback flows freely. Adobe offers incredible benefits for growth through learning and development funds.
There are so many reasons to bring your career here. Join #adobelife today!
Adobe For All
More than 35 years after our founding, we are still committed to creating a workplace that works for everyone. Our employees bring with them a unique set of backgrounds and experiences and we embrace them.
To drive greater diversity and inclusion worldwide, we invest in three key areas: growing future talent, attracting diverse candidates, and enhancing the Adobe Life experience for all.
I consider Adobe’s Workfront division here in Armenia one of the best places for Product Managers in the country. As a Product Manager, you get autonomy in driving product enhancements for the application areas you are responsible for. You do that by working directly with customers, granting you a unique perspective of how work is structured in a wide range of business domains. Overall, Adobe Workfront enables your growth as a Product Manager and positions you greatly for success in the future.
Vazgen Babayan - Senior Product Manager
Address: 1 Northern Ave, Yerevan, Armenia