Senior Software Engineer, Android Mobile
Deadline: 19 December 2020
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Software development
Job type: Full time
You will be part of the engineering team at ServiceTitan responsible for all Android native mobile applications as well as developing Android plugins or bridging functionality for our cross-platform mobile applications. This is an exciting role for an engineer to come in and develop key product differentiators by leveraging the full native power of our customers mobile devices. We build for perfection, use modern tools, have an amazing culture, and love to solve complex problems. If you share the same values, you should consider joining us in our efforts to achieve the extraordinary!
- Architect, develop and maintain Android native mobile applications
- Develop and maintain Android native plugins for our cross-platform mobile applications
- Actively assist in keeping our Apache Cordova cross-platform current with new releases and patches
- Continuously partner with QA and Infrastructure engineers to automate our build and test pipeline
- Evaluate beta Android releases to ensure compatibility with our native and cross-platform mobile applications as well as identify new native services and features we might leverage throughout our products
- Deploy beta tests and release candidates to Google Play Console as well as manage rollout to customers
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to prototype and implement low level, device native features
- Communicate effectively with other engineers, product managers, customers, and partners.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 3+ years of developing native mobile applications for Android with Kotlin and Java including:
- Developing reusable components (Views/Activities), frameworks, or libraries
- Communication with JSON services with community standard libraries such as Retrofit, OkHttp, and Moshi
- Automated UI and Unit Testing
- Asynchronous and parallel programming to keep the UX responsive
- Performance profiling for proper use of disk space, memory and battery life
- Familiarity with Android Architecture Components (RecycleView, ViewModels, LiveData, Room, and Navigation)Though you need only be familiar with the Android platform you may rarely need to assist in the development efforts for iOS components where the conceptual bridge between platforms isn’t too wide. You will be given plenty of extra time for any such work outside your primary area of expertise
- Experience with Apache Cordova is desirable but totally optional. However, your willingness to learn and work with Apache Cordova will be required.
If you're familiar with Microsoft .NET it's a big plus but also completely optional — we use C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs, Microsoft SQL Server on the backend
Required candidate level: Senior
Ability to work independently
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
Please follow this link and fill out the form in order to apply for this position.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps Home Service companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. We develop a backbone end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar Residential Home Service industry. Integrated CRM, intelligent dispatching, comprehensive reporting, marketing campaign tracking and management, mobile client for technicians in the field, integration with a variety of other software products, including Quickbooks and Intacct — these are just some of features ServiceTitan provides for its customers. Besides that, we bring a modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. We enable our customers to more easily manage their business, gain a lot of transparency on its state, and in the end, earn more.
We're a startup that is already successful — thousands of customers, rapid growth, incredibly low customer churn rate, and funding provided by top-tier investors in cloud software are just some of the indicators of this. Yet we are young enough to enable our team members with a very significant growth potential — both in terms of career and in terms of equity.
If you are intelligent, humble, and passionate about making a huge difference in the lives of hard-working people, ServiceTitan wants to be your platform for achieving the extraordinary. Join us.
- Stock options in one of the fastest-growing start-ups in Los Angeles
- An opportunity to grow in both skill and responsibility as the company scales
- Make a noticeable impact on your co-workers and customers
- Flexible vacation policy
- Flexible working hours
- Parental leave
- A world-class health insurance plan
- Free lunch every day
- Snacks and munchies in the kitchen
- Wellness/gym package
- Mobile plan coverage
- Learning and development budget
- Parking coverage
- Referral bonuses
- Performance bonus
- ... and many more perks
$165M For ServiceTitan and the Future of Home Services
The founding of ServiceTitan is very much the story of the American dream.
When Vahe and I tell it, we often say that it started in college, where we first met. But the truth is that the story started long before that, when both of our families first immigrated to this country. When they did, they did so with no money. No jobs. No language skills. But they worked extremely hard to build a life for us, to put food on the table, and to put us through school.
So when we graduated from Stanford and USC, we both decided not to take high profile tech jobs in the Bay Area. Instead, we went back home and used our skills to help the family plumbing and air conditioning businesses. We owed it to them, after the years of dedication and hard work they put in to make sure we had an even better life than they had.
Six years later, the software platform we built for them has grown to become a critical tool for companies across the US and Canada. And today, we’re proud to announce another milestone for ServiceTitan, as well as a milestone for vertical software and SoCal: a $165 million Series D at a $1.65 billion post-money valuation led by Nina Achadjian at Index Ventures, who joins our board, along with new investors Dragoneer and T Rowe Price, and existing investors Iconiq, Battery and Bessemer. This is the largest raise ever for a vertical SaaS company and the largest SaaS round in Southern California history.
Why do you work at ServiceTitan? Staff.am asked some of our employees and here's what they had to say.
#WorkFromHome. The Best Experiencne of ServiceTitan
The reaction of ServiceTitan to COVID19
Address: 2/2 Melik Adamyan St, 3rd floor, Yerevan, Armenia