Technical Support Engineer
Deadline: 23 July 2022
Employment term: Permanent
Category: IT Support/Technician
Job type: Full time
We are looking to hire a skilled Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level support to our customers around the world. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user technical help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level. To ensure success as a technical support engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of IT systems, high-level communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Providing customers with IT support via desktop solutions, chat functions, and emails;
- Assisting customers with account setup and application installations;
- Ensuring optimal application functionality by configuring networks;
- Troubleshooting IT issues by asking customers targeted questions;
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting;
- Providing customers with step-by-step guidance to resolve technical problems;
- Following up on technical queries and providing prompt feedback;
- Prioritizing customer queries and escalating serious technical issues to IT developers;
- Documenting error reports and monitoring performance metrics;
- Test fixes to ensure the problem has been adequately resolved;
- Relaying application functionality feedback from customers to IT developers;
- Compiling IT instruction manuals and useful IT support resources.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or similar;
- At least 2 years of experience as a support engineer;
- Readiness to take night shift schedule;
- English knowledge B2 both written and verbal communication skills required;
- Knowledge of computer hardware and infrastructure;
- Knowledge of remote access systems;
- In-depth knowledge of Windows and Linux OS environments;
- Linux knowledge is a big + ;
- Knowledge of Docker orchestration;
- Proficiency in remote desktop and helpdesk software, such as Zoho and Zendesk;
- Advanced knowledge of IT software, hardware, and network setup;
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and diagnose IT problems;
- Extensive experience in resolving customer IT queries;
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics;
- Ability to relay important application feedback to IT developers;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills as well as maintaining strong customer relations;
- Communication skills and customer service knowledge specific to the IT industry.
Benefits & Perks:
- Company stock options;
- Your office is where you want your home to be;
- Competitive salary;
- Access to advisors including advisory board member at NASA Health Institute and serial founders to help us grow, personally and professionally;
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced global startup with an enterprise-level client portfolio;
- Unlimited opportunities for growth, knowledge sharing, self-development, implementation of initiatives, and skills in a company that’s at the forefront of computer vision and artificial intelligence for physical security.
Required candidate level: Mid level
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
Windows system administration
Written communication skills
Fast learning ability
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
Scylla is the world’s leading real-time physical threat detection solution. We utilize AI and computer vision to detect objects, actions, and behavior anomalies. Scylla has one mission: to make the world a safer place by having installations worldwide increasing safety, security, and protection.
The company was founded in 2018. Since then Scylla experienced exponential growth and recognition worldwide. We raised $4.9M in our recent seed funding and earned an impressive client portfolio with Daimler, Chicago Cubs, Major League Baseball, and Oman International Airport, among others. Our offices are located in the USA (with headquarters in Austin, TX), Poland, and Armenia.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance;
- Company stock options;
- Individual Benefit package (serves for your work and life balance);
- "Work From Home" Days;
- Team events and trainings for personal development;
- Access to advisors including advisory board member at NASA Health Institute and serial founders to help us grow, personally and professionally.
Scylla is a modern modular AI-powered physical threat detection system that enhances operational activities of security teams. Our solutions work in real-time so that your surveillance is proactive rather than reactive in high-impact scenarios.
- Object Detection and Tracking
- Intrusion Detection and Perimeter Protection
- Drone Security
- False Alarm Filtering
- Scylla Asteria™ Smart Edge Monitoring Solution
- Thermal Screening
- Anomaly Detection and Behavior Recognition
- Face Recognition
- Person Search
- Environmental Hazard Detection
Address: 118/1 Vahram Papazyan St, Yerevan, Armenia