Deadline: 08 May 2021
Employment term: Permanent
Job type: Full time
TUMO Studios is looking for an energetic and talented Deputy Director in Charge of Product Development to join the TUMO Studios team to lead the project’s design program and product development and oversee multiple creative projects.
- Work in close contact with the Head of TUMO Studios to develop the design ateliers program.
- Work in close contact with the Head of TUMO Studios on the project’s brand positioning and market strategy.
- Work in close contact with permanent and visiting atelier leaders to develop ateliers results towards production.
- Provide guidance and mentoring for TUMO Studios students.
- Provide guidance and mentoring for artisans affiliated with TUMO Studios.
- Concept, create and present unique, cutting-edge design ideas.
- Supervise the creation of visual material for the TUMO Studios website and communication channels.
- Manage and supervise production.
- Research emerging design trends and traditional craftsmanship to create innovative products in line with the project’s strategy.
- 3-4 years of experience (design or management) in product design and development.
- Strong conceptual, problem-solving and executional skills.
- Ability to understand and identify key strategic issues, and develop creative solutions.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to convey creative direction to the team and students.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, working well under pressure.
- Efficient, proactive and independent approach to work.
- Solid knowledge of pre-production, production and manufacturing processes.
Required candidate level: Not defined
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
TUMO Studios is one of the latest initiatives of the TUMO Center for Creative Technologies. It is a non-profit educational program that focuses on the design and creation of analog products, combining traditional know-how with contemporary designs.
Local craftsmen, budding professionals and international designers are connected in an atelier setting where they create innovative pieces in areas such as fashion, jewelry, embroidery, pottery, printing, product design and cooking.
Since its inception, TUMO Studios has brought over 45 design professionals to Armenia to work with hundreds of students and local crafts professionals in workshop settings.
We have had workshops in jewelry, pottery, printmaking, fashion, culinary design, product design and embroidery led by leading professional from France, Denmark, the US, Japan, Lebanon, Corsica, Italy, Brazil, the UK, Russia India and Spain.
TUMO STUDIOS BENEFITS
TUMO Studios not only offers employees a stimulating environment to work and create; but also some very interesting benefits! Employees are encouraged to enjoy a better work-life balance through flexible working hours. Flexible working hours grants our employees more control over their daily work schedules! We at TUMO care for the wellbeing of our employees, thus offer a medical, vision and dental insurance package as well as various discounts at local fitness facilities and traveler’s insurance packages.We believe in recognizing accomplishments not only in the workplace but also in employee’s personal lives. Thus, TUMO encourages employees to celebrate their birthday by giving them an additional day off to take time off to celebrate their day. In an effort to assist employees who have repatriated to Armenia, TUMO offers new hires the initial work permit for working in the Republic of Armenia and overall repatriation counseling which includes but is not limited to, assistance in opening a bank account; applying for citizenship or residency and so on.
About TUMO Studios
WHAT IS TUMO STUDIOS?
TUMO Studios is a free educational program for university-aged students and young professionals with a passion for craftsmanship and design. We program ateliers, “educational workshops,” in fashion, jewelry, embroidery, pottery, printing, product design and the culinary arts.
Inspired by Armenia’s rich artisanal heritage, TUMO Studios combines local know-how with contemporary methods and design trends.
INVESTING IN THE FUTURE OF ARMENIAN DESIGN AND ARTISANSHIP
A purchase from TUMO Studios is a contribution to the next generation of Armenian designers and artisans. By selling student-made products on a global platform and directing proceeds towards expanding our educational program, we pave the way for more students to develop design skills and explore their creative potential.
A HISTORIC TOWNHOUSE IN THE HEART OF YEREVAN
TUMO Studios is located in a historic townhouse in the heart of Yerevan. Every piece in the collection begins its story in our loft space built at the turn of the 20th century.
Designed by Architect Vasili Mirzoyan, the building is as much of an inspiration as it is our home.
Phone: (011) 203-088
Address: Pushkin 38, 0010, Yerevan, Armenia