Windows and Linux OPS (relocation to Abu Dhabi, UAE)
Deadline: 16 December 2020
Employment term: Permanent
Category: System Admin/Engineer
Job type: Full time
We are looking for a multi-paradigm, talented Senior System Administrator to deploy and manage applications on large-scale installations on linux and windows servers and desktops. The position is full-time with relocation to Abu Dhabi. The position requires visiting customer’s sites and frequently deploying in internet-isolated environments. The rest of the time work can be done remotely from home in Abu Dhabi.
- Setup IIS, deploy server and Windows desktop applications
- Deploy and manage Linux server applications (mainly Java-based with Docker)
- Setup and manage database servers - MSSQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, MariaDB, Minio.
- Mange Kubernetes-based deployments
- Troubleshoot issues with deployments and monitor server performance
- Manage all hardware, do software upgrades and patches to OS
- Be responsible for HA/DR of the servers
- Perform backups and recovery requests
- Perform server design and capacity planning
- Collect user feedback, convert into support tickets
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years managing and deploying windows and linux-based applications
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Applications and Services stack such as IIS, DNS/DHCP, WINS, .NET
- In-depth understanding of Active Directory delegation and security models.
- Experience managing production Windows Servers used to support multiple mission critical initiatives
- Powershell and/or Python scripting
- Knowledge of commonly-used linux cli tools
- Familiarity with linux firewall configurations
- Ability to quit vim
- Through knowledge of computer networking principles
- Exposure to using Puppet, CHEF, Ansible or other CM tools
- Experience with MSSQL deployment
- Experience with JVM-based applications deployment and troubleshooting
- Experience with any of the following is a plus - Kubernetes, Docker, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, MariaDB, Minio, Apache Camel.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Efficiently work remotely from home
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees
- Adapt to frequent changes in work environment & prioritization
- Work with general or minimal supervision
- Leverage existing and potential training
Required candidate level: Not defined
Windows system administration
Ability to work independently
Fast learning ability
Ability to work under pressure
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
SDC is a fast growing company that provides tremendous opportunities to work on cutting edge projects. Remote-first approach gives you the perfect work-life balance while diverse teammates will help you to grow not only in the area of your expertise but also enhance your general knowledge of the modern tech stack! SDC provides solutions in the area of distributed systems development, visualization, data pipelines, data analytics and machine learning.