Deadline: 14 May 2021
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Finance Management
Job type: Full time
- Monitor the contracts of grants and projects submitted for signing, for compliance with the AUA policies, procedures, budget and accounting standards and requirements of respective grants.
- Follow up the process of paperwork for signing the approved grant or project.
- Provide necessary information on each grant/project and keep records for each project separately, keep track of budget vs actual variances, timeline, deliverable and deadlines.
- Coordinate with the Open Center Financial Specialist, or Open Center Director, about AUA proactive, active and postactive integration for efficient operation, and optimal use of the collaborative tools budget within the Global-Local Office for the Open Centers collaborative efforts within AUA and with society.
- Prepare office specific memos on financial and administrative matters and submit them to the Financial Services after getting approval from the Grants Managers, Open Center Directors, or PIs.
- Ensure timely and accurate adherence to financial policies and procedures of the university.
- Monitor the financial accuracy of the project expenses according to the approved budgets and the schedule of the realization of grant/project in cooperation with respective Open Centers of Excellence/center/unit.
- Assist the auditors in case of auditing the certain grant/project by providing the required information.
- Other financial/administrative tasks related to grants/projects, as assigned.
- University degree in Finance or related field (master’s degree is preferable);
- Work experience in project financial coordination/management, contracting;
- Excellent knowledge of the Armenian and English languages;
- Knowledge of RA Tax Code and Labor Code;
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel, knowledge of accounting software 1C is desirable;
- Analytical thinking skills;
- Strong work ethic, time management skills, sense of responsibility, and commitment to high quality results.
Required candidate level: Not defined
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution
Attention to details
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “Financial Coordinator”. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
The American University of Armenia (AUA) is a private institution of higher learning, offering a global education in Armenia.
AUA is affiliated with the University of California and accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001.
Founded in 1991, AUA provides a high-quality, graduate and undergraduate education that encourages civic engagement and promotes democratic values, fostering scholarship in a setting that values and develops academic excellence, free inquiry, integrity, scholarship, leadership, and service to society.
AUA’s graduate program offers master’s degrees in eight fields of study: Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and Systems Management, Computer and Information Science, Political Science and International Affairs, Economics, Public Health, Law, and Teaching English as a Foreign Language. These programs are intended to develop critical analysis and depth of knowledge through advanced coursework, independent study, and research.
AUA’s undergraduate program offers bachelor’s degrees in English and Communications, Computer Science, and Business. Through its undergraduate courses, the University offers students depth of knowledge for career preparation and further studies as well as breadth and a foundation of general knowledge and skills for life-long learning.
Phone: (060) 694-040