Task Lead Analyst
Deadline: 24 March 2023
Employment term: Contract
Category: General/professional/Other services
Job type: Full time
UNDP Armenia has been continuously working in the area of the political empowerment of women, advancing leadership of women, supporting the local governments to engender local decision-making and development processes, enabling youth to get knowledge and skills on participatory governance, advancing their potential to raise their voice in policy-making at national and local levels. UNDP has considerably contributed to increasing representation of women at the local level, as well as formation of dynamic group and women and youth who not only benefit from projects’ support, but also lead local initiatives on broad spectrum of aspects, including participatory governance, women empowerment, and other.
Currently, UNDP’s Gender Equality Portfolio is comprised of several parallel projects working on political leadership of women, economic empowerment of women, innovative public services, youth leadership advancement, strengthening gender equality in the public administration system of Armenia and other. Projects are implemented in strong synergy and coordination with one another building on the ongoing activities, relying on the cadre of women and youth already capacitated from previous projects and joining forces to upscale number of support schemes countrywide.
UNDP currently commences with implementation of the “Women in Politics, Public Administration and Civil Society” Project (hereinafter WiP 2.0 Project), funded by UK Good Governance Fund (UK GGF), which is logical continuation of the previous “Women in Politics” project (funded by UK GGF) and Gender Equality in Public Administration of Armenia” project (GEPPA, funded by UNDP). The project will build on the previous results and gender equality and women empowerment effort at national and local levels to further advance women’s right and opportunities in decision-making roles. The project will be implemented in partnership with the RA Ministry Territorial Administration and Infrastructure, the RA Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs and OxYGen Foundation.
The project includes programmatic work in three Strategic Directions:
- Advance women’s leadership and political participation in local decision-making via public or civic role.
- Strengthen the gender sensitivity and gender responsiveness of public administration system and gender mainstreaming in public institutions at national and local level.
- Strengthen the role of civil society in setting agenda, contribution to decision-making and monitoring of governance processes on gender equality, women rights and women empowerment in Armenia.
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Project Analyst and the overall supervision of the GE Portfolio Manager, and in close cooperation with the GE Portfolio Team.
Daily coordination of the Strategic Direction 1:
- Ensure that progress is made in achieving goals and objectives of the Strategic Direction 1 by Providing substantive technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget; monitor budget implementation of relevant components, make budget re-alignments/ revisions as requested by the Project Analyst;
- Draft progress reports on tracking progress towards targets under Strategic Direction 1; work towards safeguarding, monitoring and facilitating quality assurance of the project activities envisaged under the Strategic Direction 1;
- Contribute to the selection of international and national consultants/companies and preparation of procurements and contracting packages in line with the work plans and UNDP rules and guidelines;
- Organize and attend field missions and draft reports on monitoring missions under the Strategic Direction 1;
- Provide inputs for the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners; manage the Project contracts outsourced to third parties to ensure timely and due quality of delivery of products and services;
- Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, public events, capacity development activities, and knowledge products; coordinate the development/ expansion of knowledge management products on women political empowerment;
- Ensure proper compilation and initialize processing of the financial packages for the relevant components; monitor financial status of the Project.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Gender/Women Studies, International Law, Public Administration, Business Administration, International Development, International Relations or other development-related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience can be taken into consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years (with Bachelor's degree) of extensive working experience in development, project/program coordination and monitoring, policy analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Armenian.
- Proven experience and knowledge of essentials on Gender equality, women’s empowerment and women’s rights, Gender mainstreaming in development programmes and projects, and related issues.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies:
- 2030 Agenda: People - Gender:
- Gender mainstreaming
- 2030 Agenda: People - Gender:
- Women's Leadership (Political, Public Admin and Private Sector)
- Finance - Budget management:
- Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets
- Business Direction & Strategy - Effective Decision Making:
- Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources
- Business Management - Working with Evidence and Data:
- Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
- Business Management - Project Management:
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
- Business Management - Resource Management:
- Ability to allocate and use resources in a strategic or tactical way in line with principles of accountability and integrity
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section:
- Experience in implementation of multi-stakeholder activities at national level;
- Experience in working with different national and/or local institutions on gender equality and women empowerment;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Required candidate level: Not defined
Contract type: Regular NPSA
Position level: NB4/NPSA8
Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Written communication skills
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
Interested and qualified candidates may view the vacancy notice and apply through the following link.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
Phone: (060) 530-000