Deadline: 10 April 2023
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Other IT
Job type: Full time
We are excited to announce an opening for a UX Researcher position at the Content Development and Production team at Tumo Center for Creative Technologies. As a UX Researcher, you will be responsible for conducting user research to understand the needs, preferences, and behaviors of our students across all TUMO centers locally and internationally. The team will use your research findings to design and develop educational content, ensuring that it is engaging, effective, and user-friendly.
- Conducting user research to understand the needs, preferences, and behaviors of our students
- Collaborating with the content development and production team members to identify research questions and develop research plans
- Designing and implementing research studies using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
- Analyzing research data and synthesizing findings to develop insights and recommendations for content development and production
- Creating user personas, journey maps, and other user-centered design deliverables to inform the development of educational content
- Testing educational content, ensuring that it meets user needs and expectations
- Contributing to the development of user-centered design processes and best practices
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in user research and design and applying the relevant ones to TUMO’s educational context
- 1+ years of experience in conducting user research, preferably in an educational or e-learning context
- Knowledge of and experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods, including surveys, interviews, and usability testing
- Experience with user testing, including designing the tests and analyzing results
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present research findings in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated passion for user research and design, with a desire to stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices
- Familiarity with user-centered design principles and practices, including creating user personas, journey maps, and other design deliverables is a plus
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in user research, with experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methods. Experience in the field of EdTech is a plus. You should also have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with designers, developers, and other stakeholders.
Required candidate level: Not defined
Interested candidates should submit a resume and portfolio via our career portal by clicking here.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
TUMO, an initiative of Simonian Educational Foundation, is a free of charge after-school learning program for teenagers at the intersection of technology and design. Thousands of students attend TUMO on a regular basis and participate in its innovative, self-paced program. Its educational framework is based on a proprietary platform that promotes learning through interactive game-like levels, exposing users to increasingly challenging activities. TUMO's educational methodology is based on a large set of self-instructional activities that each of the Center's students assembles into a personal learning plan in the areas of animation, game development, web development and filmmaking. To learn more about TUMO Center for Creative Technologies, please visit: www.tumo.org
TUMO Center for Creative Technologies not only offers employees a stimulating environment to work and create; but also some very interesting benefits! Employees are encouraged to enjoy a better work-life balance through flexible working hours. Flexible working hours grants our employees more control over their daily work schedules! We at TUMO care for the wellbeing of our employees, thus offer a medical, vision and dental insurance package as well as various discounts at local fitness facilities and traveler’s insurance packages.We believe in recognizing accomplishments not only in the workplace but also in employee’s personal lives. Thus, TUMO encourages employees to celebrate their birthday by giving them an additional day off to take time off to celebrate their day. In an effort to assist employees who have repatriated to Armenia, TUMO offers new hires the initial work permit for working in the Republic of Armenia and overall repatriation counseling which includes but is not limited to, assistance in opening a bank account; applying for citizenship or residency and so on.
Join us at TUMO!
What is TUMO?
TUMO is a new kind of educational experience at the intersection of technology and design.
At TUMO, teens learn because they want to. They’re given the tools and knowhow they need to reach their maximum potential, and they chart their own learning path through hands-on activities, workshops and projects.
The TUMO learning program is made up of self-learning activities, workshops and project labs around 14 learning targets. Teens combine these into personal learning paths that adapt to their evolving preferences and rate of progress.
TUMO has centers in Yerevan, Dilijan, Gyumri and Stepanakert and work is underway to open centers in Koghb and Masis. TUMO Boxes are already in operation in the towns of Berd, Gavar, Sevan, Vayk, Kapan and Martakert. Many more TUMO Boxes will open soon in various towns throughout Armenia and Artsakh. Outside of Armenia, there are centers in Paris, Beirut, Moscow, Tirana, Berlin and Lyon. Centers will soon open in several other cities around the world.