Core Platform Senior Engineer
Deadline: 05 December 2018
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Software development
Job type: Full time
Joomag culture thrives on open communication and exchange of ideas. Our team member is identified not only by high level of professionalism but also of passion and enthusiasm towards Changes. Getting results and being effective are crucial; we Dream Big and become smarter everyday.
Joomag’s Engineering team consists of front-end, backend, and core platform teams, which build, create and maintain our website and system. It includes client-side coding (HTML, JS, CSS) to improve Joomag user experience among 500K+ publishers, server-side coding (PHP) to develop a custom-built (no frameworks used), large-scale projects and database technology (MySQL, Elastic search) for provisioning, managing, and maintaining Joomag’s core technology infrastructure and services.
We welcome talented Core Platform Senior Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing web engineering to the limits.
- The important objective is to build the heart of all Joomag products. Typical tasks here include providing feedback on API design, platform code consistency, and functionality as well as writing sample code and work with our technical writing specialists to produce platform documentation.
- What comes next is meeting and handling issues of web architecture considering the full specifics of its implementation. The ability to use web architectures and staying up-to-date with the latest architectural trends is needed a the primary focus on scalability, testability, and responsiveness.
- Team playing and collaboration skills also matter. Platform engineers in Joomag the with Mobile, Design and Product teams to develop core of new features, as well as adjust their work to maximize overall development efficiency. This requires ability and desire to create more than a beautiful code and act as a team-player to especially decide on what and which way we build something.
- 9+ years of software development experience in PHP,
- Full proficiency in PHP (Functions, Scopes, Code organization, stages of code processing, optimization of processes, unit testing),
- Strong knowledge of OOP and Design Patterns,
- Strong knowledge of database Design principles, normalization/denormalization,
- Strong knowledge of MySQL data types, indices (types of indices), query execution stages (How queries are executed),
- Experience with Query optimization,
- Experience with various ORMs,
- Strong knowledge of Git,
- Experience with JIRA,
- Fluency in technical written English.
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch,
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Kanban or other similar project management methodologies,
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
Apply here: https://goo.gl/uvAHPh
Founded in 2009 by Ruben Vardanyan, Gurgen Ghukasyan, David Aslanyan and Vahram Darbinyan, Joomag is the all-in-one platform offering a suite of integrated solutions for every content marketing, digital publishing, corporate communications, and sales engagement need.
Headquartered in San Jose, CA, the company delivers a unique, solution-based approach with its powerful flagship Crater™ Editor.
Over 500,000 businesses both large and small are already creating, distributing, tracking, and monetizing their online content from a central platform, streamlining workflows and becoming more productive in the process. Among our clients: Harper’s Bazaar, Cosmopolitan, JLL, Century21, RingCentral, EY, Dillard’s, Levi’s, U.S. Army, Harvard University, UCLA, Honda, Subaru, Renault, jetBlue, Delta, etc.
We have offices in Silicon Valley (San Jose, CA), Munich, Moscow, Shanghai and Yerevan.
Joomag culture thrives on open communication and exchange of ideas. Our team member is identified not only by the high level of professionalism but also of passion and enthusiasm towards Changes. Getting results and being effective is crucial; we Dream Big and become smarter every day.
So, if you are ready to kick everything up a notch, then you should definitely join our team of passionate minds.
Joomag Core Values
Deliver Outstanding Service
Our priority is designing and delivering outstanding products and services to our customers. Since the very beginning, Joomag’s “Live Chat” service has been helping customers whenever they need it. Every department at Joomag pushes the boundaries to create exceptional value. Therefore, we go to extraordinary lengths to make our customers happy..
We’re constantly searching for new ways to cultivate innovative mindsets and drive change within our business. We value our team’s ability to innovate, disrupt, and win by taking responsibility and keeping an eye on the prize at all times. We are not afraid to speak up and present thoughtful ideas. So always share your ideas!
Embrace Fun & Happiness
Working hard for something you love is called passion. At Joomag, we hire people who simply love what they do. There’s always fun and freedom involved with our work. And yes, we have a space for employees to be weird, fun, and different whenever they want to. Happiness is contagious at Joomag.
Think out of the Box: Our passionate and innovative team always strives to push the boundaries between innovation and creativity. We don’t fear mistakes. We learn and grow from them
Stay Focused, Learn, & Grow
Continuous learning is the cornerstone of our success. To achieve that success, we stay focused on the goals and aspirations we seek to achieve. We simplify, standardize, and streamline our work whenever possible. Our Joomag family is composed of people who have a passion for learning and thrive on new challenges.
Be Open & Honest
We strive for open communication and fairness. It’s very important that people “walk the talk” and do what they say they are going to do. We inspire people to have high expectations, standards, and goals. Honesty is the best policy, and that’s why we’re very candid when it comes to job performance. So receive any feedback and turn it into action.
Work Like a Team, Live Like a Family
We spend a lot of time together. As a result, we’ve come to know each other as a family. At Joomag, we take care of our own, have fun, celebrate success, learn through failure, praise and not criticise, communicate freely, and respect each other regardless of our different viewpoints.
Do More with Less
We prefer to find the best solutions that push us forward and generate remarkable results. We are not limited to our resources, but we do our best with what we have and we never stop.
Dream Big & Never Give Up
We believe in the power of thinking big. Our success didn't come from luck. Joomag has been offering free services during its first 3 years of operation without any revenue. And now look at us. Achieving the best outcome requires the courage to stand up your beliefs.
Joomag perks and benefits
- Paid time - off
- Smart coworkers
- Career development
- Outings & retreats
- Performance bonus
- Casual dress-code
- "Be yourself"
- Snacks & coffee
- A great place to work.
Phone: (055) 877-955
Address: , Armenia