Financial Aid Assistant
Deadline: 20 June 2019
Employment term: Permanent
Job type: Full time
Under direct supervision of the Manager of the Office of Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Assistant is responsible for supporting all aspects of AUA’s financial aid and policies and procedures. The incumbent will work with students and colleagues at the front counter, over the telephone and via email to answer questions and provide guidance with a positive and helpful attitude. The incumbent must maintain familiarity with complex and changing policies and procedures, and be able to resolve student and program-related problems and issues. This position will assist with coordination of ongoing projects assigned by the Manager of the Office of Financial Aid.
- Ensure front desk coverage and provide excellent customer service at all times;
- Provide clerical support for financial aid applications, documentation and files;
- Organize all forms and shared documents on the office share drive;
- Provide information and assist students in completion of financial aid application;
- Responsible for filing all documentation and keeping files current;
- Coordinate and organize office supplies;
- Maintain familiarity with University policies and procedures related to financial aid;
- Provide general clerical support as needed.
- Collect thank you letters and photos to the donors and coordinate with the students
- Draft deferment and payment plan contracts
- Keep track of flexible payment plan requests
- Checking deferred payment payments
- Presenting on open house dates, application help dates and recruitment trips
- House visits
- Input and update data in the university management system;
- Assist with the processing of all student financial aid documents.
- Work with staff to help organize special events, workshops and conferences.
- Perform other administration duties as assigned by the Manager of the Office of Financial Aid.
- Undergraduate Degree/University Diploma in a relevant field.
- Computer skills (MS Office, spreadsheets, database management).
- Working knowledge of FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)
- Strong written/oral communication skills in English, Armenian. Russian will be a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Relevant work experience of 1-2 years.
- Ability to multitask while working independently with little supervision;
- Ability to provide clear and concise communications both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and explain complex policies and procedures;
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution
Ability to work independently
Written communication skills
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “Financial Aid Assistant”. Applications must be received by June 20, 2019 to be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
The American University of Armenia (AUA) is a private institution of higher learning, offering a global education in Armenia.
AUA is affiliated with the University of California and accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001.
Founded in 1991, AUA provides a high-quality, graduate and undergraduate education that encourages civic engagement and promotes democratic values, fostering scholarship in a setting that values and develops academic excellence, free inquiry, integrity, scholarship, leadership, and service to society.
AUA’s graduate program offers master’s degrees in eight fields of study: Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and Systems Management, Computer and Information Science, Political Science and International Affairs, Economics, Public Health, Law, and Teaching English as a Foreign Language. These programs are intended to develop critical analysis and depth of knowledge through advanced coursework, independent study, and research.
AUA’s undergraduate program offers bachelor’s degrees in English and Communications, Computer Science, and Business. Through its undergraduate courses, the University offers students depth of knowledge for career preparation and further studies as well as breadth and a foundation of general knowledge and skills for life-long learning.
Phone: (060) 694-040