Lead Java Engineer
Deadline: 11 October 2019
Employment term: Permanent
Category: Software development
Job type: Full time
About the Company
DISQO is a next generation consumer insights platform. We provide the highest quality consumer data to the world's largest market research agencies, analytics companies, and brands. We operate one of the world's largest true consumer insights panels. This data helps our clients understand user behavior, build better experiences, and make better decisions. We utilize cutting-edge technology and innovative, out-of-the-box strategies to collect and analyze insights which help shape the products and services of tomorrow.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, exciting & highly motivated team and upgrade your skills while creating real impact. We use a modern tech stack and cloud infrastructure. We are not only looking for work experience, but rather the willingness to step up to challenges and the ability to learn quickly.
We believe the best software is written and managed by small teams that know how to make the impossible possible. We use agile software development techniques and modern tools to focus our efforts on solving our business goals. We use OKRs to track everything we do. We deliver early and often. We obsess over our code, architecture and infrastructure. And we believe that these practices lead to higher quality products
- Be a part of a highly functional autonomous Agile Team
- Lead technical discussions and guide the team to implement best practices
- Define and measure code quality over time to track improvement
- Ensure not just development, but testing and documentation is also part of the definition of done user stories to enable sprint success
- Build CI tools to enable rapid feedback and deployment and test automation
- Lead design and code reviews
- 6+ years of modern Java programming on a large custom code base
- Subject matter expertise on Java development (Java 8+ required)
- Experience with Dropwizard, Spring Boot, Play Framework or Akka
- Experience with building Mircorservices and RESTful APIs
- Solid knowledge of the Design Patterns
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with CI/CD
- Team Player, must be able to work in a team environment
- Fluent in English reading/writing/speaking
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), specially Kinesis & Lambda
- Experience building Analytics/Data Driven applications
- Experience with functional programming concepts and/or languages
- GitLab or similar environment
- Experience with Containerization, Docker, Kubernetes & Service Mesh
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
You can apply for this job just by following Application procedure.
DISQO is the leading provider of first-party opinion and behavior data to the world's largest market research agencies, analytics companies, and brands included in the Fortune 500 list.
We operate one of the world's largest true consumer insights panels. Our members actively participate in over 10 million surveys and share billions of deep cross-site & multi-channel behavioral data points with us every year. Founded in LA, DISQO has opened a new branch in Armenia involving the local innovative talent in large-scale international projects and initiatives.
We believe that quality data comes directly from people. Only by engaging qualified people are we able to harness the accurate and complete intelligence which drive the most important decisions for our clients. We are building best-in-breed software to help all knowledge workers make better products, improve consumer experience and eliminate waste.
Find more about DISQO at www.disqo.com.
Perks of DISQO
We enjoy a flexible work schedule and personal time-off policy. We focus on deliverables and believe in supporting a culture of trust and responsibility.
We are dedicated to helping our employees live healthier and longer. We cover 100% of the cost of premiums for employees for medical, dental and vision insurance.
We believe that fun is an inextricable part of every activity and besides the casual work environment we enjoy ping pong tournaments, video game nights, regular happy hours, seriously good coffee, great music, and more.
Our kitchen is fully stocked to ensure we are fueled to perform our best. To mix it up, we have catered lunches from various local restaurants.
Flex your skills and learn from your peers. We are made up of talented, driven and ambitious people who practice curiosity and collaboration.
American DISQO in Armenia
American DISQO IT company, which has recently attracted USD 13.5 million investment, announced opening of its branch in Armenia.
$13.5 Mln Funding, 30 Vacancies: DISQO - American Tech Company Opens New Branch in Armenia
Yerevan - October 2, 2018 - DISQO, a fast growing tech company from the US, announced $13.5 mln in funding and is establishing a new branch in Armenia. The company provides the highest quality first-hand consumer data to the world’s largest market research and analytics companies. At this new stage of development, the Armenian founders are tapping into Armenia’s innovative potential...
Address: 16 Halabyan St., Yerevan