Freight Operations and Pricing Support Assistant - Belgium
Deadline: 23 May 2019
Employment term: Permanent
Job type: Full time
Maurice Ward Group provids global freight forwarding, warehousing, logistics & customs clearance solutions not only in Europe but all over the world. Since May 2018 we have opened our back-office in Yerevan, Armenia to support different aspects and requirements of our ever-growing network. Within the framework of a further support from our back-office in Yerevan, we are looking for an enthusiast Freight Operations and Pricing Support Assistant to handle and process requests for rates and operations from A to Z for our overseas agent’s network and Belgium Sales Team by quoting prices and arranging export-import of freights and shipments within Europe or across the globe. The candidate will work within the freight forwarding of all modes of transport.
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service and communication skills with meticulous attention to detail. The suitable candidate will be a highly organised team player who thrives under pressure to deliver quality service to our clients. Computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office software are essential.
Full training will be provided on using our in-house systems
- Rate and service negotiations with service providers to ensure best routing/rating options
- Organising Air, Ocean, Road and Courier shipments
- Identifying best routes and rates available and communicating back through to our customers.
- Customer Credit checking
- Processing RFQ and tender requests through current and third-party suppliers.
- Liaising with Sales on potential and booked shipments to ensure a smooth hand over of rates and operations.
- Maintaining and managing KPI’s through monthly reporting procedures
- Market research for new partners and developing mutual cooperation
- Invoicing, filing, administrative tasks
- Applicants must have a post-graduate degree or equivalent
- Excellent English, Dutch and/or French Oral & Written skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and proficiency in math.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple deadlines
- Knowledge of export/import processes and multimodal documentation requirements are an advantage
You can apply online via staff.am or follow the below application procedure.
Interested applicants are asked to forward PDF format of your CV in English to [email protected]
Please make sure to mention the job title that you are applying in your email's subject line.
All CVs will be acknowledged
Ability to work independently
Share this job via your favorite social media channel.
Maurice Ward & co is a leading independent freight forwarder in Europe. Established 50 years ago in 1968, Maurice Ward & co now operates at over 50 locations in 22 European countries and employs over 1000 staff across Europe.
Maurice Ward & co has now opened a back office in Yerevan since May 2018 to support the ever growing operations across Europe & around the globe. The new office is an integral part of our overall operations with more & more high level functions being transferred to Yerevan.
Phone: (044) 566-008, (011) 655-677
Address: , No 5, Hrachya Kochar , Yerevan , Armenia